Airtel Xstream Fiber Broadband in Patna/Bihar

LCO is just an outsourcing of last mile connectivity and support. BSNL has done it too and the LCO isn't bad even by Airtel standards and for BSNL he's actually good! 🙂

Do consider that many areas have local 'interests' that control which business can operate reliably..you get my drift. It happened in some outskirts of Pune too and Airtel just shows them the finger and does not introduce service in those areas. Who loses? Airtel and of course the interested potential customer who has to deal with shoddy internet service from some local cable operator.

but why Airtel in not starting the Fixed Line Services in LCO cities? Here in West Bengal also, most of the LCO cities don't have the FIxed Line Service. In some places, Its almost a year, still they are not starting the Fixed Line Services, and LCO doesn't have any idea, when it will start. Is it because of some kind of technical issues or some kind of administration/regularity approval issue?

@teletalk it may be due to lack of permission or just a business decision. With Airtel (and other telecom Cos.) it's very difficult to fathom their reasons and motives. You will never get a straight answer from their support staff most of whom are kept in the dark. Technically there should be no issue. BSNL also offers VOIP via a LCO. Of course BSNL is a Govt. Co. and special treatment is possible 😉

thanks for the info @Chip. Actually I am very curious to know why they are not stating the FixedLine Service. Is it business decission, technical feasibility issue or regularity approval? LCO, technician, engineer doesn't have any idea on this. 121 told you already have a working fixed line service and if its not working then they will raise a SR and an engineer will visit my place... 😀😀 ..

Airtel do require some approval from BSNL for landline in LCO cities.
zVZF9iV.jpg

Maybe Airtel can't be bothered to take permissions from BSNL babus in every LCO city and have just left customers without a VOIP line.

got airtel xstream in hajipur , bihar in feb 2022 working fine till now.. very rare downtime.. get about 3-4 ms ping on bharti airtel patna server.. technician is quite prompt.. BUT STILL ITS OCT 2022 AND NO SIGN OF FIXED LINE/ LANDLINE/VOIP CANT UNDERSTAND WHY?

Has Airtel started providing the landline facility in Patna? I asked the installation person, he said landline would also be provided with connection