Airtel Xstream Fiber Broadband 1gbps ultra plan with unlimited data (~3TB) for Rs. 3999+GST (Rs. 4719)

I second that. Only reliable ISP offering unlimited plan at just 2360 Rs with 100 mbps speed.

yeah Airtel is consistent......

but also there is a network upgradation of Airtel going on for more than 15years now in my area.... I hope the network there mobile network is upgraded before I am gone....

frankly speaking I have never used Airtel broadband.... though I have been using internet since VSNL dialup era... because had very bad experience of Airtel mobile network as well as their poor customer care, so never ventured into Airtel broadband.... though my friends & relatives, using Airtel are very satisfied with the service....

Airtel definitely has upper hand in broadband in comparison to Jio.

In mobile network Jio has advantage.

One thing also should not be forgotten that it was ACT (former beam) who broke the monopoly of Airtel in southern cities. Beam was another revolution on those data starved days. It prompted Hathway, You, Spectra, Alliance and other local ISPs to jump into broadband business with attractive plans in other cities where ACT did not have coverage. This also forced Airtel to increase its FUP to four times in southern cities. I remember paying around 200 Rs/GB in 2012, pack of 1299 for FUP of 25 GB, which was increased to around 75 GB within a year.

Apparently this is available in my apartment now, all wired for giga connections. I am on ACT and the connection has been great for the past year or so. Pings are a little bit wonky and some latency while gaming but otherwise nothing to complain. Could anyone who has this (the 300 plan) tell me how the overall connection and downtime is? ACT has a service executive in house here so the turnaround time is really quick. Would I regret it if I make the switch? Also, would someone happen to know the equipment they provide? Would I be able to use their GPON modem in bridge mode to hook it up to my own router to do the routing?
Airtel currently has routing issues so i advice you to check it before switching to Airtel.

So guys, here is the update. Today my plan was changed to 1Gbps but speed i am getting is very less . complained via twitter DM. they raised a ticket. i must say their twitter team is extremely quick to reply.Got a reply and a call in 4 minutes Flat after i sent DM.
LRzC6uJ.png

So airtel person came, checked signal strength , replaced the tip of fiber, it was still bad(Edit: Speed was still bad. Signal strength is fine). Called their backend team and Guess what , they say only few laptop models of lenovo will support 1Gbps. i understand a laptop with 100mbps port or hard disk would be limitation. but even after explaining to backend person(Who was not ready to talk to me in first place) that my laptop had 1Gbps adapter with SSD. no limitation from laptop , he was adamant that its laptop issue and this is the max they can provide. Funny enough upload speed reaching 800mps but download capped at 350-400mbps. So folks that was airtel 1 Gbps for me. Highly Disaapointed.i am very sure its a configuration issue from their side.

Best speed i got attached.

mHTGjKE.png

hypNEyL.png

I am sure that they are shaping traffic according to the 300Mbps plan. Spam their social media team, ask them to get there own laptop and test it.
@mayank yadav i would do that if i were to use this long term but i don't have such plans. I just informed their Twitter team what happened and they were like we will arrange a visit 🤣. I told visit is already done and of no use now, i just want to talk some technical person to explain the issue . They told will try to arrange a callback . Will see what they do. Else change the plan back to 100mbps .

They have launched the giga plan in Lucknow too, though fiber work is still not complete in all areas where DSL was earlier. The worst part is that my block of around 50 houses is yet to see their fiber, though ACT, Jio, two local ISPs are already there and my area was one of the first areas where they had laid DSL way back in 2005-06 and may be I was one of the first 10 customers to get their connection in the whole Indiranagar colony. Now, it is our block which is neglected by them the most. They are deploying fiber in areas where less existing customers are or it is like new area coverage. May be they are not interested in old customers and want them to be stuck at 16 mbps. Today, upon calling, I got the same answers to wait for another month which I have been getting for past 2 years. Airtel is my backup connection for the past 7 months and I am on the lowest plan, but I cannot tolerate this 16 mbps for long as all my full HD videos buffer and this 2 mbps upload speed which is a pain to upload large files.

Add to this that twice a month they keep requesting me for plan upgrade. If Airtel does not upgrade to fiber here in 2 months or so, I will move to another ISP, either the two local ISPs who are offering unlimited data at around 700 bucks with 50-100 mbps or the bigger of the two evil between Jio and Airtel, i.e., Jio Fiber.
@Sam27 I am new in Lucknow. Just Shifted this month. I am based in Sector 12 Indira nagar. Which ISP Do you recommend Would be best for me(monthly budget would be around ₹1500)

@sid.teche , sorry to be late on this as I was busy the whole day yesterday. Good to hear someone on this forum from my own area. Can you tell me your location in Sector 12 with respect to some landmark like Central Academy or near Aurbindo Park. Right now in Lucknow or Indiranagar in particular, we have plenty of choices. There are two local ISPs, Sikka and Tachyon, who have the cheapest plans and have upgraded both their infrastructure to fiber. Their services not very good in the past but now have been good as heard recently as no one wants to lose customers with these many options available. Both these ISPs mostly have a loyal base of customers.

Then, we have the Robust and reliable Airtel which is with me for 12 years now but now for the past 6 months as back up ISP only. Airtel is costly as well as stuck mostly in Indiranagar at 16 mbps on DSL (though as of late fiber wiring has started but should take another 2 months or so).

ACT was launched in Lucknow in March of this year and it came with free installation and very cheap plans (currently on 749+GST, 100 mbps/500 GB). Local ISPs plans are still cheaper than ACT but going by the good name they have in south and third largest ISP in India, I went for them without hesitation. The initial month had some low speed problems and then I faced 2-3 down times of around 12-24 hours till July, but from then on the connection has been rock solid like Airtel. From August till now, I have in fact just faced one single down time of around 4 hours till now.

I would suggest you to go for ACT right now with Airtel as back up or first go for ACT as solo if your speed and data requirement is high. You can check both ACT and Airtel performance at my home...you are welcome. My house is in C-block, 200 meters from Kaleva Tri-section. If you want to meet, I am mostly free in the evening and you can come up to Kaleva Tri-section where I will pick you up.

@Sam27 I live in Alleyway Between Omkareshwar Shiv Mandir and Budhha Park Sector 12. Nearest landmark would be Khaleel Market Chauraha.

I am confused between ACT and Tachyon( I can have only have a Solo Connection) . How's the Loss and Ping On ACT Connection .
I was wondering Why you didn't Chose Tachyon (Even as a Backup Plan) since the provide a Truly Unlimited Plan.

I Would Love to come to you're house and check all ACT performance and clear some confusion.

How do we Exchange Contact Info(since DM is not available in IBF).