Airtel Xstream Fiber Broadband 1gbps ultra plan with unlimited data (~3TB) for Rs. 3999+GST (Rs. 4719)

How can I register so that Airtel can message me status for my area?

3 ways to do it:

1)
a) Go to the site and select your city. Then select the plan. Enter the address in the installation address field. There should be a drop down listing of all similar names of buildings/housing colonies across the country I think they use Google Maps. If your address

b) Then you need to mention how many months you want to sign up for, with your name and contact details

c) Submit the info.

2) Call up 121 and speak to a CSR

3) Send an email to 121 at airtel dot com

Airtel is very prompt and you will hear back on the feasibility in about 2-3 days via SMS/email

Also their twitter account @ Airtel_Presence is very responsive, I sent them my address details for feasibility check and they got back quickly (not available) with response.

They have launched the giga plan in Lucknow too, though fiber work is still not complete in all areas where DSL was earlier. The worst part is that my block of around 50 houses is yet to see their fiber, though ACT, Jio, two local ISPs are already there and my area was one of the first areas where they had laid DSL way back in 2005-06 and may be I was one of the first 10 customers to get their connection in the whole Indiranagar colony. Now, it is our block which is neglected by them the most. They are deploying fiber in areas where less existing customers are or it is like new area coverage. May be they are not interested in old customers and want them to be stuck at 16 mbps. Today, upon calling, I got the same answers to wait for another month which I have been getting for past 2 years. Airtel is my backup connection for the past 7 months and I am on the lowest plan, but I cannot tolerate this 16 mbps for long as all my full HD videos buffer and this 2 mbps upload speed which is a pain to upload large files.

Add to this that twice a month they keep requesting me for plan upgrade. If Airtel does not upgrade to fiber here in 2 months or so, I will move to another ISP, either the two local ISPs who are offering unlimited data at around 700 bucks with 50-100 mbps or the bigger of the two evil between Jio and Airtel, i.e., Jio Fiber.

Apparently this is available in my apartment now, all wired for giga connections. I am on ACT and the connection has been great for the past year or so. Pings are a little bit wonky and some latency while gaming but otherwise nothing to complain. Could anyone who has this (the 300 plan) tell me how the overall connection and downtime is? ACT has a service executive in house here so the turnaround time is really quick. Would I regret it if I make the switch? Also, would someone happen to know the equipment they provide? Would I be able to use their GPON modem in bridge mode to hook it up to my own router to do the routing?

I called 121 and they have no feasibility of FTTH in our area. I think their FTTH is not available at many places and at the first time they would refer or take FTTH as V-Fiber only.

After forcefully asking them about the FTTH (explaining them where Fiber comes directly at home), they said it's not available.

Apparently this is available in my apartment now, all wired for giga connections. I am on ACT and the connection has been great for the past year or so. Pings are a little bit wonky and some latency while gaming but otherwise nothing to complain. Could anyone who has this (the 300 plan) tell me how the overall connection and downtime is? ACT has a service executive in house here so the turnaround time is really quick.

Stick to ACT if it is stable...

So guys, here is the update. Today my plan was changed to 1Gbps but speed i am getting is very less . complained via twitter DM. they raised a ticket. i must say their twitter team is extremely quick to reply.Got a reply and a call in 4 minutes Flat after i sent DM.
LRzC6uJ.png

Airtel support is always a cut above the others.
My Office was using leased line from TATA which had issues quite often and support was not that great.
We recently switched to Airtel and thier support is awesome and has turnaround time in minutes rather than hours.

they still blame airtel for looting customers through the year when jio was not there. no one seems to notice that airtel has been here since late 90s providing solid service with good customer support. handling all kind of abuse by the government policies with spectrum pricing and so on. everyone else has either disappeared or regrouped. reliance brothers come when they market situation is optimal. abuse their connections in government. get favorable policies. and then disappear again when it seems to not work well in their favor. though it would be hard for jio to disappear like rcom did because of the massive investment and of course the bleak future of oil and plastic industry. they need jio to work so they would have to work on it. and hopefully airtel would survive for a long long time to provide a good solid alternative.