Airtel Xstream Broadband Static IP now costs Rs. 199+GST (Rs. 235) per month

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 180
  • Views Views 44,928
i have also setup similar kind of config for getting both static ipv4 and pppoe ipv6

Screenshot-2023-02-21-221719.png

yeah but then it also is a mess, showing delhi ip location while i am living in bangalore

That's not a mess. I live in lucknow but my static IP location is Delhi too. We are assigned different gateway server at the place of our own city gateway.

@imdarkray you have a point, but other than just revealing the new price change, what was the purpose of this thread?
i think keeping all the discussion here will give all the details to people who read it later ... if it's popping up in your notification too much, maybe you can consider unwatching this thread ...

so after reading @SpeedxThunder reply, I tried a few things. And this is my finding.

Static IP glitch will give the best speed if the setting is done in ONT and you use your router in double NAT.

If you do the WAN setting in your own router and use ZTE as dumb onu the speeds become a bit erratic.

But in both cases, the speeds are more than the default plan speed ... So that's a good thing.

Another thing, if you try to connect with the PPOE method even after the activation of the static IP, you will be connected with the dynamic IP and the speeds will return back to your original plan speeds. but you get a new IP, this is something useful for people who want to renew the IP for any purpose ..