Airtel Xstream Broadband Static IP now costs Rs. 199+GST (Rs. 235) per month

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 180
  • Views Views 44,762
Great @nishantt6969 . One more question: lets say i opt static ip today , and if i ask airtel to stop the static ip. Will i be charged full amount or for the days i used ?

and how much time it takes to get the ip from airtel ?

^ 48hrs max both the case

One last question: if i change my plan after getting static ip then will i still get uncapped speed of upto 1 gbps ?

@Rickysin i have noticed inconsistent speeds with static IP, although it's fun to see the speed increase, i am afraid i have also seen drops in the speed through out the day, for me the dynamic IP gave more consistent speeds and was more reliable, Static IP i am actually noticing times when the speed is actually half my base speed also. So essentially it's a dual edged sword ..

@eatpepsi for Bufferbloat issue, your speeds are increased due to static IP and when you perform speed test the router's cpu and memory usage goes to its peak and hence it fails to manage Bufferbloat.
@nishantt6969 i think Asus ax88u should be able to handle it no ?

@Chip yes i have been assigned a static ip for my line.

@albonycal That's just a dummy entry on the ONT, I can delete it and it makes no difference, I am actually using a static IP on the WAN Setting of my Asus router, maybe this screen shot can tell you what I am doing ...

@eatpepsi for me the technician had come personally and setup a seperate static ip config manually

and that definitely doesnt look like you are on static ip

for me there is no drop whatsoever, heck i am getting more than any rated 1gbps speeds around 970-985mbps

@SpeedxThunder The ZTE screen shot is just an entry in the ONT which is useless and never connects.
i have done the settings on my Asus router for the static IP.
my whatsmyip is consistently showing the static ip after multiple reboots.
and also i get the speed glitch ...

if it's not static ip then what is it ?