Airtel Xstream Broadband Static IP now costs Rs. 199+GST (Rs. 235) per month

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 180
  • Views Views 44,852
@SpeedxThunder thanks for the information, I have been reading about it and what you said makes absolute sense, if I limit my bandwidth in QOS on my router to 220mbps the buffer bloat is getting an A.

And many are saying that the QOS is only useful if you stress your connection to its limits and if the bandwidth is less than 300mbps, anything more than that, and if you don't stress the connection at all times, there is no need to worry about buffer bloat nor the QOS.

Regards

@eatpepsi for Bufferbloat issue, your speeds are increased due to static IP and when you perform speed test the router's cpu and memory usage goes to its peak and hence it fails to manage Bufferbloat.

@eatpepsi as mentioned earlier with static IP you will most likely NOT get an IPv6 address. Try your luck. Set the v6 config to DHCPv6 and see what happens. I did not get a v6 address in my pfSense box.

I am frankly at a loss to understand why the heck someone with a static IPv4 also want a v6? Heck man it's only an addressing scheme and does diddly squat to improve your internet speed. Frankly it's better to stay on v4 for now.

I am with a dynamic public IPv4 for now. I also get a DHCP v6 address.

I just want static IP so port 80/443 are not blocked. I plan to move away from cloudflare for my server. But I want it dual stack too... so

@eatpepsi probably 121 guy mislead u .... check ss .... or mail to net@airtel.com ...

1.jpg

@Sayantan ok, i clicked on it, it's saying to contact nearest airtel office. Will go check out this week and update the same ...

@eatpepsi for Bufferbloat issue, your speeds are increased due to static IP and when you perform speed test the router's cpu and memory usage goes to its peak and hence it fails to manage Bufferbloat.

@albonycal no its not static.
@Chip you can get ipv6 with static ipv4 if you create separate profiles for ipv4 and ipv6.

My ipv6 is behaving exactly the same as how it was with dynamic IP, so no change there for me

@eatpepsi were you assigned a static IP? If not, you're still on DHCPv4 no matter what IPv6 test sites indicate as hostname.

Also, @albonycal unlike TPBB Airtel does not provide a static v6 only a v4.

@nishantt6969 I tried all settings in pfSense, it simply refused to get a v6 address. Of course this was some months back when I was on static v4 I am not sure if things have changed in my city recently. I may shift to a static v4 in the near future. 😉

Interesting. So can i opt for 40mbps plan and get a static ip and then my speed will auto increase to upto 1 gbps ?
If yes then i will do it today