Airtel Xstream Broadband Static IP now costs Rs. 199+GST (Rs. 235) per month

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 180
  • Views Views 44,927
Yes.

3300GB cap is present regardless. Some customers in the Mumbai region have noticed there does not seem to be any capping or data monitoring regardless of the plan.
This has been true for me too.

Guys is the increased speed in static IP just for speedtest or it increases overall speed for everything like downloading, uploading etc?

@havoc It's the luck of the draw. Some get it and some don't. It is not guaranteed. I am on a static IP and sometime it exceeds my plan speed but there are times when it doesn't. So, what I suggest is you try it out for a month and check for yourself. Cost is 199 + GST for most but old customers are still on the 99/mth charge. And remember speedtest is to the nearest server. If you want higher speeds from distant servers use a geographically closer node and use a download accelerator. You really can't expect 1 gig or your plan speed to a US server

I would suggest everyone not to discuss this again and again. The question is answered a number of times in different threads.
But if you are still curious, please try to use PM. 😐

^^^
Cost is of course known but most of the questions relate to the supposed speed increase with static IP and if that 'trick' still works. Thing is, it can depend from city to city and area to area. Real luck of the draw. It's not expensive to try it out for a month and find out for yourself.

^
and people have told the same thing in different threads too.
Get a static IP, check yourself. If it works, then good for you else there is no harm. Get it removed.

Yes, as @Chip said. But for new users it's kinda hard because they charge installation for 1 month plan. That's why taking 3 months plan is required. Anyways thanks for clearing guys. I'll see you soon & drop one last reply to this forum before I get Airtel installed.

@RealBinod have you tried it?
Yes, i had static ip connection for 2 months till nov. And for me it only works for 3 weeks and connection was also not stable and the process of activation was also very pathetic. And now in bihar airtel stop giving static ip as they state that they are only providing static ip to postpaid connections.