Airtel Xstream Broadband launches All in One TV plans

This is what I got yesterday from airtel sales guy on whatsapp
👏🏻👏🏻Introducing Most Affordable Wi-Fi +TV plan in the market.....Just Rs 699👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

🤩🤩 Join us on 699 & get savings worth Rs.6000🤩🤩

What all you in this amazing offer??

• 40 Mbps Wi-Fi speeds worth Rs 499 (upload n download) with Unlimited Data

• 300+ Channel worth Rs 350

• Best in class worth Rs 1150 monthly for all your entertainment needs.

• Exceptional customer experience, One single Bill and a dedicated Relationship Manager with priority resolution

All of this loaded into one plan and a limited period offer - ‘First 30 Days Free’

We look forward to the opportunity of interacting with you and transform the internet and entertainment experience at your Home.

Contact Now
*XFE Name. MANOJ NAWAB

2000 inr is not an installation charge, it's a one time charge for the dth box which you own and is non refundable and can't be returned.
Nope. These are installation cum CPE rental charges. The ownership of the box stays with Airtel. To own the box, you need to pay ₹9,959. lol
My installation guy mentioned that I own and I have no reason to return it.
I was one of the very first Airtel Black customers. It was called One Airtel back then.
They told me that I need to keep using the box for a year post which these charges would be adjusted in my Postpaid bill. There were no TnCs for One Airtel back then so I trusted their word but it turned out to be a lie. Never trust their word.
Though these charges are refundable for me but Airtel has changed the TnCs now.
Airtel BLACK customers who would have opted in for new Airtel Xstream Box under the “Airtel Xstream Box at fully refundable security deposit of Rs.1500/-“scheme (live till 16th Dec’21- date inclusive), will continue to be governed by the terms and conditions as applicable to them at the time of onboarding. Airtel and its customers are fully liable to honor the commitments as per laid guidelines. Source: Airtel Black – Terms & Conditions

@MadAxe I initially just had Airtel Fiber line, which by paying for atleast 3 month in advance renewal for a postpaid connection, I was able to avoid any CPE and Installation charges.
Atleast 15 days before the end of my plan, I converted it to 999INR plan with the remaining balance carried forward. I asked my installation person for an Airtel Box, since Airtel xstream was included and then and only then I had to pay 2000 INR for the box (which also included free of charge dth installation, to which I said I don't need it) to which he mentioned he won't be taking it back.
I'd also like to mention, wierdly I'm enjoying non FUP capped internet, so it's probably that my area/region is in its own world.

Don't take their xsteam box. I sucks. It hangs and operates slowly.
You need to reset every time.

I have been using their box for sometime. I removed the airtel launcher so it can be used as a generic box. It works flawlessly.

@mikrotik how do you uninstall it? Can it be reinstalled if required? Airtel's box is very buggy and requires reboots frequently. Plus there's an audio to video timing lag.

Guys please help me. Airtel will be coming to my building soon. If I take both Fiber and DTH, and I will run the DTH over the internet (xtreme DTH), don't you guys think we will easily exhaust the 3TB data in a matter of days? Since we constantly watching television, I am wondering how I will manage to complete the entire month in such a situation.

No. TV doesn't consume a lot of bandwidth, even if you watch 24*7 at the very best quality all month at best it'd consume about 300GB or even less.
Obviously this wouldn't be true if you are watching Netflix or Prime Video but even with this in mind, the highest it will go to is about 1.5-2TB.
Highest penalty to your bandwidth would happen when you are torrenting else it's all fine.

DTH is a normal Cable connection, i am using Airtel + TV Plan wherein the dish needs to be installed to connect to STB. It's a Hybrid Android box in which you can also install OTT apps. All DTH channels you watch consume no bandwidth.

i have activated English HD Movies (125) and Hindi HD Movies (125) along with NCF pack(154) which is Basic ROI pack.

All above is for 1099/- + tax.
200Mbps Speed
DTH pack worth Rs350/-
1 year Hotstar
1 year Prime
Wynk membership
Xstream Premium plan which has 13 OTT subscriptions, only relevant for me is Sony Liv & Lionsgate Play

Looks like a fair deal so far.