Airtel Xstream Broadband has switched to CG Nat

You can expect this CG-NAT business to happen across the country with increasing speed due to a focus on shifting enmass to IPv6. Those who want a rare public v4 will be charged..good for Airtel's revenue stream.

Atleast airtel is offering public ipv4 at a cost, Jio Fiber doesn’t even have an option except with ₹10k/mo business plan :/

My plan got renewed a week ago and on renewal I'm no longer assigned a public IP (this is in Thane). 🙁 I spent almost the entire past week figuring out why all my home server services stopped working only to realise I'm behind cg-nat now.

I emailed Airtel yesterday night at 12am and surprisingly received a reply at 1am confirming service request to allot static IP at ₹199 + GST. Lets hope at least with static IP I'm able to access my network from outside with all the bridge mode config intact.

Edit:

I just tried forcing IPv6 on the Huawei router (thanks @igloo for suggestion) and lo and behold all my port forwarding has started working again. I now get an IPv6 address. I have requested Airtel to cancel the static IP request as DDNS is doing the job.

Last edited: