Airtel Xstream Broadband has switched to CG Nat

I think no.
Airtel fixedline is present in Chandigarh for more than decade now.
Lco model is for newly launched tier3 cities.
True i have been using airtel dsl from 2006 onwards when its speed was 64kbps.

then i was upgraded to 128kbps, then 256kbps then 512 kbps then 1 mbps then 2 mbps then straight 8mbps. After that vfiber launched and i was upgraded to 16mbps. Then to 40mbps and then 200mbps . Wow what a journey it was

@Rickysin Were you offered any retention discount or paying 999+GST only?

Yes i took retention discount multiple times earlier like 2 years back but now I don’t think airtel provides any retention discounts. Correct me if i am wrong.

Discounts were random like:

1. Discount was 50% waived off for 6 months.
2. 200rs discount monthly for lifetime
3. 250rs monthly plan(inc vat/gst) with speed of 2 mbps unlimited.
4. even i got double speed upgrade many times by paying 100rs extra. 1 mbps to 2mbps, 100 to 200 mbps, 200 mbps to 300mbps.
5. How can we forget free data topups of 1000gbs lol

Airtel was soo generous back in the days. Even many old forum members knows it.

Some metros have started witnessing a migration to IPV6. Your only option is to take a static IP for now, as i wouldnt count on a full roll out for a long time.

I simply requested them to opt me out of CG-NAT, they fixed it on their end, and my port forwarding rules starting working es expected.

I simply requested them to opt me out of CG-NAT, they fixed it on their end, and my port forwarding rules starting working es expected.
hi, how did you requested to opt out of CG-NAT, did u mailed or called 121 or just requested your local engineer ?

Gurgaon fiber also recently moved to CGNat, have been trying to get IPV6 enabled but the guys on customer care can't even understand IPV6.
In the end, they say we'll schedule a technician visit who I talk to and he says IPv6 not available right now.

@ddpanda Here you go
Ok lets see what this article says:

The devices connected to one private network might have communication problems with the devices connected to the other private network, and you might experience problems with: Online games - This could be a reason, i do not know if it impacts me since i havent tried COD or such but other ones are working OK. Not sure about latency TBH.
VPN connections -Working fine, I am still using VPN for office
Port forwarding and triggering Port Forwarding on the router is not really safe, to begin with, use cloud tunnel (ngrok, agro, etc)
Secure websites that use SSL Payment gateways still work, encryption is end to end (device to server) so no impact imho.

And the fix shared by them is to put ISP device in Bridge mode, which we can do anyway, and most of us have it already....