Airtel Xstream Broadband has switched to CG Nat

Can someone from Bangalore confirm if they have moved to CGNAT here? I am still using their VDSL (copper) where my public IP is same as allocated IP. They have been delaying the technology upgradation in my locality for the past 1 year. Now I am worried if an upgrade is going to take that away when it happens.

There is no clause in Airtel TnCs about Public IP right?
Is it a bad time to switch to Airtel now?

TnCs are generally about consumer's limitations and liabilities in case of disputes. They are not meant for empowering the consumer to claim benefits.

Given the increasing number of ISPs moving to CGNAT and the DoT's rampant site blocking, it might better to explore other options including VPN.

Hey folks, I recently got Airtel Xteme fiber connection about 4 months ago, it worked flawlessly, i even changed my plan from 100 mbps to 200.
But since last week i noticed that my NAS server stopped working, i poked around and noticed none of my port forwards were working even games showed strict NAT type, i did some digging and noticed i have been switched to CG-Nat.
44XbBER.png

i called 121, asked cc about it, they knew nothing about it, told me their technical engineer would call me, its been a week still haven't received that call.
is there any way i can get a public ip back ? it does not have to be static even. also i would like to know is this limited to my city only (Chandigarh) ? or have have any of you noticed this ?

Either ask for a static ipv4 address @99 per month
or use ipv6 address on bridge mode if your router allows.

Either ask for a static ipv4 address @99 per month
asked cc about it on 121, they said they don't offer any such service 😵, i asked to forward my call to a technical engineer he said they provide static ipv4 only on corporate plans.

Last edited:
or use ipv6 address on bridge mode if your router allows
I was provided by Airtel with a Nokia (G-2425G-A) ONT and i bought a Tenda AC-10 Router, Nokia had very bad range and speed on both 2.4 and 5G bands. So i turned off its wireless and put my Tenda in bridge with Nokia (could not enable bridge mode in Nokia) assigned static ip 192.168.1.2 to tenda and this avoids me a double NAT, pretty sure my ac10 supports ipv6, don't know if Airtel provides ipv6 here, most of the WAN settings on Nokia are locked for some reason.

Last edited:
Read all the 8 pages thread link i posted before. Its all about cgnat and ipv6 on airtel fiber.
For static ipv4 mail to net@airtel.com

I was provided by Airtel with a Nokia (G-2425G-A) ONT and i bought a Tenda AC-10 Router, Nokia had very bad range and speed on both 2.4 and 5G bands. So i turned off its wireless and put my Tenda in bridge with Nokia (could not enable bridge mode in Nokia) assigned static ip 192.168.1.2 to tenda and this avoids me a double NAT, pretty sure my ac10 supports ipv6, don't know if Airtel provides ipv6 here, most of the WAN settings on Nokia are locked for some reason.
I think I got switced to CGNAT too. What WAN ip do you see in the Nokia router? (hide last few digits)

Read all the 8 pages thread link i posted before. Its all about cgnat and ipv6 on airtel fiber.
For static ipv4 mail to net@airtel.com
Yeah man, i saw your post on other threads, i was having no luck with 121 customer service so i just mailed them, they called back 4 hours after i sent the mail, said they will give me static ipv4 @ 90 per month and they will send engineer to set it up in 72 hours.
Regarding the bridge issue they said i should write another mail