Airtel Xstream Broadband has switched to CG Nat

Can confirm my Airtel connection has been moved to CG-Nat (Bengaluru)
My Public IP (starts with 127.171.X.X) & the router Wan IP on PPoE (100.102.X.X) is differerent 🙁
as soon as the move was done to CG-Nat, all my port forwading stopped working and I am unable to access my homeassitant server remotely

I have sent a mail to Airtel and also raised a complaint asking them to move be back tp Public IP address..

If I opt for a static IP will my issue be resolved ? will port forwading work ?

Ok I moved to static IP today and changes was done by Airtel engineer but my issue continues 🙁 unable to open ports and unable to access Homeassistant server remotely.. this is so disasspointing and I now not sure what needs to be done..

could this be an issue with the Airtel router itself ? mine is a Huawei HG8145V5 router

please suggest and help, i have done all the possible troubleshooting

I am not familar with this router generally you open the ports using firewall rules and/or enabling UPNP for torrenting etc. Just check if you can modify them

In the latest Airtel Broadband Bill for July 2022 the fixed IP charges have increased to Rs 200 from the earlier Rs 100. Can others confirm that the rates have increased for them too.

@Styler it is Rs 199 + GST @ 18%. Used to be Rs 99 + GST. IPv4 address blocks are expensive for an ISP to reserve. So, only get a static IP if you need one.

@Chip Static IP charges increased for you as well? Others?

As of now it is Rs 99. Newer subscribers are charged 199. They'll eventually standardise this price across subscribers.

@MadAxe Not yet...let's see what they charge this time

@MadAxe increases are not consistent across the country for that matter even in Delhi. I am on the Mumbai GW so out here it is normal speeds @ 300 with sudden increases to 500 or 600 Mbps. Happens randomly. But if you get what you paid for, or a little more, one can be satisfied with the service.

Since you're in Delhi, try getting a static IP for a month and try for yourself. Costs about 235/mth with tax. If you don't like the outcome just go back to DHCP.

I can confirm that whole Delhi/NCR is now behind CG-NAT. I have placed a request for static IP priced at 199+GST.

For any one who is using Huawei, Nokia, alcatel router/ont's DO NOT change to newer Sercomm routers. Sercomm are pretty locked up and have a lot of limitation. Once router is changed you can't go back to huawei routers.

Sercomm rom files are also encrypted with openssl so no tinkering possible 🙁