Airtel Xstream Broadband has switched to CG Nat

Gurugram Sector 84 also now on CGNAT.

I have a question. Will my torrent speeds be affected of they move to CGNAT? I normally get 500 kbps on torrents, but if i forward my ports then I get my full speed. Since you can't port forward in CGNAT, does that mean my torrents will be terribly slow? 😨

If ipv6 is there then nope (assuming peers also have ipv6 connectivity). Otherwise yes it will take a hit for not so popular torrents.

Airtel CG-NATed my connection about 2 months back, but, seems to have had a change of heart, it's back to public IPv4 since the last week or so. Also have IPv6 working here too!

Oh shoot. I don't have ipv6 address and my ipv4 seems to have been moved to cg nat. East Delhi. Ont used is the usual Nokia 2425G. Also windscribe VPN now doesn't connect via ikev5 500 anymore... Seems they blocked the port. UDP 443 it working as of now.

Last edited:
No all i did this on my Airtel router and despite it shows connected on devices when j test ipv6 it shows not there

Airtel CG-NATed my connection about 2 months back, but, seems to have had a change of heart, it's back to public IPv4 since the last week or so. Also have IPv6 working here too!

I've been on CG-NAT in Bangalore since we got the Airtel FFTH connection in the new apartment complex but it was Public IP even when I had DSL in my house. I'm thinking they tend to implement CG-NAS for apartment complex or clusters with many internet connections. The routing is horrible with bad latency and we can see a noticeable lag even in the most popular apps

Back to CG-NAT. Airtel is claiming that are slowly shifting all users across the country to CG-NAT now.