Airtel Xstream Automatically loses connection.

• Thread starter Thread starter cyruff845
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3,755
ISP
Airt
I recently switched to Airtel Xstream Fibre , the speed is good everything is great but suddenly the router which has a stable PON light (Green Color) suddenly starts blinking(Green Blinking) and results in the connection loss. i don't know what could cause so if anyone does please help

@cyruff845 check optical signal quality. For Rx (receive) should be <-25 dBm (note the - sign) Anything lower than that you will have issues with the line. You need to take it up with Airtel.

@cyruff845 no its not the firmware, you are getting close to the limit of the ONT's optical performance and could be one reason why you get disconnections and the PON light blinks. OR, there's a loose connection (between the fibre strand and connector) or between the ONT and the junction box in your building.

Let me give you an example in my connection the opt. strength is -21.68 dBm (as I remember it) so it leaves some margin for drops in signal value due to conditions in the main optical cable for e.g. splices in main or aux branch cables that affect the signal.

The only way you can remedy this is to have Airtel take a look at it. They use take a optical power meter to gauge and a optical TDR to determine where the problem is.

Even I face the same issue, during the day 2/3 times the connection drops for 10-20 seconds and resumes back automatically, I have observed this since I had moved to static ip, can it be related to that?

@Firephoenix no, it's not related to the physical fibre connection unless you see the link light off at that time. You can perform this check your self. If the link is active it may have something to do with the backend server. Others have also complained about this issue in some cities.