Airtel Wireless Broadband ?

• Thread starter Thread starter ishanjain28
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 2,090
ISP
Anjani Broadband 100mbps, Airtel LTE/5G Failover & AS199347
Hey!

The LCO who provides me with BSNL Fiber right now told me he'll be bringing Airtel next month and currently, Airtel is working on this.

I live in a tier 3 town, I don't see the name of my town in the cities dropdown on Airtel's website. Usually, They have a Invite Us or Launching soon tag next to the city's name. I am hoping they are bringing airtel fiber here but considering that this is a relatively small town and I don't see the town's name on their site, I am not so sure anymore. The closest towns/cities that have airtel fiber are 37kms, 42kms and 52kms away.

I also looked around and I saw some mentions of Airtel Wireless broadband. I see no mention of this on airtel's site but apparently this is also an option? So, Another possibility is that the LCO has bought some bandwidth from Airtel and now reselling it by establishing PtP links that have airtel fiber in nearby towns ?

I will try to ask the LCO about this in a few days but really curious and it would help if anyone here has an idea.

(I was not sure if the Airtel subsection was appropriate to ask this so created a post in misc. section. Please feel free to remove it or move it to the Airtel section)

Since an LCO is providing you connection, it will not be mentioned on Airtel's official site. Places where Airtel directly provides connections will be mentioned on Airtel's website. Also, the connection type will be prepaid if an LCO provides you connection, unlike postpaid connection which you will be getting if you take connection directly from Airtel.

Same case happened with me too, when I got the connection back in March 2021, my city name was not there in the Airtel's official site but I got the connection from March 2021 only and they listed the city name after May in official site. When I asked about it the LCO told me that it will be updated and available in 1-2 months once we complete the fiber/DP boxes installation in the major parts of the city.

Hey, Thank you for the responses guys!

@AD2011 From what I have read, one indicator that the service is being provided by an LCO is the lack of 1gbps plan.

I have messaged my LCO and asked him if they were bringing fiber or some wireless crap. Either way, I will update this next month.. thanks again

I talked to him again today.
He said all the installation is complete and he is waiting for a license for something before he can start providing services.
I asked if it he had fiber upstream or wireless upstream and he said he can't give an answer to that right now. 😕

Really really reallllly hoping he has fiber upstream AND he is not just starting up his own local isp and reselling bandwidth because either of these things will likely suck. 🙁

I feel it'd more like, upto his node it'd be a fiber upstream, while from the LCO to your home would wireless, kind off like what tikona used to do.

Still not much information except today he sends a speedtest screenshot and the ISP in the screenshot is Precious Netcom Pvt Ltd (PNPL) so I am not sure why did he kept telling me he was bringing airtel fiber here. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Read posts about this ISP here and doesn't look all that great. On their site, The highest plan I can find is 100mbps/750GB. I doubt I'll leave bsnl despite all the issues if whatever I have read so far is true.

"Bhaiya, It is airtel only. Airtel doesn't come to a town unless they can get 1000 customers. This ISP is airtel only"
smh

Uh huh. I initially thought it was going to be airtel wireless service but it's something else entirely.