Airtel Wi-Fi Calling (VoWiFi) launched officially

M9OfWpB.png

Site just got updated.
hey do you see vowifi icon on your Nokia device?

I can see the vowifi option in settings but not sure if its really working.

if it shows volte icon, vowifi is not working.
based on online searches, this looks like the vowifi icon on Nokia devices.

3UxHI2Q.jpg

vowifi icon is not visible for Nokia even if I use airtel hotspot from other mobile.

With iPhone it works with any wifi,dns. I read in another thread vowifi will work with trusted DNS only.

I am using NextDNS with hardened privacy mode (which means I am likely not using their Indian servers) and VoWiFi is working fine on airtel...

vowifi should get activated if volte is already enabled. most of us had to get a new sim when even volte was not working after changing device or switching operator. but since it is working on iPhone for you, that should not be required here. so the only thing that makes sense is that airtel has not enabled it on your device yet. they usually do it after a few days.

Cross check if the faulty sim is on roaming, they have not activated Wifi Calling for roaming customers.

Okay so issue was roaming. In my home circle vowifi started working automatically. Vowifi icon is showing now and when calling there is a wifi icon.

airtel vowifi works in roaming also.Below is screenshot of Airtel UP E Sim registered on Jharkhand Airtel Network and Vowifi active.
Screenshot_20200703-072952_Service mode RIL.webp