Airtel Wi-Fi Calling (VoWiFi) launched officially

ISP
BSNL

WiFi calling option is available on iPhone (13.1) for AirTel. Looks like Wifi calling is coming.

E0gD25m.jpg
9nalAk7.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The device is iPhone XR btw.
Thanks mod for editing the title.

In iPhone - Airtel & vodafone switch to 2g and 3g automatically. There is no option to only select the network to LTE or VOLTE in iphone setting.
In Jio there is advantage as we just have LTE so no question of downgrade of network.
This is the reason I am still with Jio.
Wifi calling on Jio is visible but not active.

i have not tested Airtel sim lately on ios for the volte selection.

@Crazyguy030601 Vowifi not VoLTE. Means even if indoor if you got wifi from broadband call will come and go thru wifi internet over cell provider ip gateway So basically in call goes via wifi instead of cellular connection. Solves network problem in most metro cities where cell penetration low due to concrete walls however fixed internet is affordable due to high density..

I know. I posted this because someone said that Airtel VoLTE didn't work on iPhones for her/him. Is VoWiFI working on Airtel? On Jio it doesn't, as far as I know. It would be beneficial for me because cellular signals are not very strong inside my house.

Just for info
to activate VoWiFi on Xiaomi phones with MIUI 10.... but whether it works or not is carrier dependent.....

VoWIFI ##869434##

Last edited: