Airtel VSDL to Xstream upgradation

• Thread starter Thread starter NikhilS
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 4,896
ISP
BSNL
Hi,
I have an Airtel VSDL connection (40mbps ULD for 999) but I want Airtel XStream connection (because of the good upload speed)

I saw pamphlets in my area for XStream Fibre and the guys are saying that FTTH is available in my area but Airtel guys are denying saying that your area is not feasible.

They are giving new connections but not upgrading their existing users to the Fibre network.

Same here, I have seen hand-outs stuck to lamp posts but when I applied for an upgrade they declined due to 'feasibility' reasons. I think they are doing this on purpose until they achieve a min # of subscribers before offering connections. Frankly I'd drop YBB if Airtel gave me a fiber connection. But given the way they move it's going to take time.

Why won't they give you a new connection if they are giving connections in your locality 🤷‍♂️

Meanwhile i am waiting for adsl to vdsl migration for more than 10 days now 🙄

Bera naa. I am more worried on the plan I was offered on the phone. Vo to aane se pahle hi gayab 🤧

Maybe they haven't laid fiber to your building.
This happened with me when siti was providing their internet to a building just opposite of mine but not to mine because some guy cut it and they wouldn't lay new one just for me.
If they do fiber provide in your building then apply for a new connection with different name.

Applied for disconnection again. They have no record of the plan I was offered.

First check it from Android app. Open the app and go to My Plan. Check for plans which can be upgraded and look if any of them is showing speeds of 100, 200, 300 or above, which is indicative of fiber availability in your area.

Otherwise do some field work. Check in some 50 meters of vicinity from your house whether Airtel marked OFC can be found. I have posted photos of that along with box in this post Breaking - Airtel V-Fiber Broadband New Plans (October 2019) | Airtel V Fiber

If the wires and box are done in your area and if the app is not showing Xstream plans, then it means that they will do some more fiber wiring around your area and then connect to "main line." For my area, this finished in December last week and the technician who comes for resolution of my complaints frequently has given 1 to 1.5 months at maximum. He told that I will be getting a call as soon as fiber is active in my area and there is no need to call myself.

Indeed, Airtel fiber roll out is very slow and lethargic and these banners for upgrade are also very misleading.

First check it from Android app. Open the app and go to My Plan. Check for plans which can be upgraded and look if any of them is showing speeds of 100, 200, 300 or above, which is indicative of fiber availability in your area.

Otherwise do some field work. Check in some 50 meters of vicinity from your house whether Airtel marked OFC can be found. I have posted photos of that along with box in this post Breaking - Airtel V-Fiber Broadband New Plans (October 2019) | Airtel V Fiber

If the wires and box are done in your area and if the app is not showing Xstream plans, then it means that they will do some more fiber wiring around your area and then connect to "main line." For my area, this finished in December last week and the technician who comes for resolution of my complaints frequently has given 1 to 1.5 months at maximum. He told that I will be getting a call as soon as fiber is active in my area and there is no need to call myself.

Indeed, Airtel fiber roll out is very slow and lethargic and these banners for upgrade are also very misleading.
They have these DPs 200mtrs away from my home! That is how they will give me the new connection.
But since it’s not in front of my home (or within the radius) they cannot upgrade

I don't think they care about threats now. But no harm in trying. Retention department still calls but no more discounts afaik.