(airtel Vs Bsnl) Need Some Advice

• Thread starter Thread starter bluesaze
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 10,258

bluesaze

hello people I am from Chennai I had a BSNL 256 Plan 1200 (Business plan). As soon as I heard about the unlimited offer I had applied for it. So I expected it to change at the beginning of june 1st. but they did not. When we phoned them up they create a big fuss at the end of which they told as that we are not allowed to change from busineness to Home Plan and if we wanted to change we first had to apply for a non-unlimited home plan and then later apply for the unlimited. So I applied for the home 1800 (non-unlimited). after a few week they still hadnt changed the plan they created a fuss, when I went to their office to enquire they gave a lot of bullshit about how they been told not to allow people to change to the unlimited plan and it was only for new customers. So I have requested them to disconnect the Broadband connection thinking that I would apply for a new connection at the end of this month. Now I need some advice since I heard Airtel is aslo pretty good. Are the speeds provided by the BSNL, Airtel 256 plans equivalent. I found BSNL connection very stable and reliable and I get a decent 25-30Kbps which remains constant without fluctuating. And the pros and cons. I am planning to apply for the aitel 900 scheme i.e 256 unlimited.

You're crazy not to take airtel when its available to you. Speeds are almost on par with BSNL. Besides which they have a great CC and good offers.People like us are waiting for airtel to start services in our area and when you have the option I dont know why you're not exercising it??

Gonna back max on that. Airtel is far better than BSNL. Better CC, Better upload ratio....I am gonna ditch BSNL and go for airtel as soon as it hits my pavement.

Get Airtel.nuff said 😀They are taking bloody forever to start in my city.

get airtel, their upload speeds are higher than bsnl

Thanks a lot for the advice guys .......... I just got Airtel......... And you were right it as good a BSNL plus the upload speed is much better.............

Ive got BSNL BB for about a year.I havent experienced ANY problems in both connection and their customer care.All you guys say that its better to go for Airtel.You guys dont know that BSNL has the infrastructure now itself to provide upto 25 Mbps(ADSL 2+).Theyre planning for IPTV for the rest of the bandwidth i.e 22 Mbps.

Looking at Airtel they've got only 512 Kbps.Even though if they increase their speed to 10 Mbps,the next day BSNL will unvail its 12 Mbps connections.

I think you are choking the settings in the modem and/or computer thinking that u get better speeds,and finally crying that BSNL is bad.And remember one thing,you wont be able to get better speeds by choking modem settings as this thing comes under ADSL.

Only cable BB can be tuned to different speeds other than normal , called as tweaking.
see posts in www.testmy.net

Choking !!No, i have not touched my settings in over a yr. Things work just fine.What i can't comment on however is on BSNL as i have never got a connection from them for broadband. I can say my phone which is BSNL has gone off a few times already. Which is really strange since it worked really well for yrs upto recently. Impression i get from ppl on this board is that BSNL speeds are consistant but expensive till they started to offer unlimited.How good the unlimited service is still up for debate since they don't seem willing to hand them out without making you jump through some loops.

U r the vice president of some fairy land dewd...cause when all r screamin on the top of their lungs that the upload speed sux in comparison to Airtel.....u still assume we as consumers have somethin to do with it. Dont take me wrong pal...i am huge fan of BSNL but the advocated bills and crappy CC sux.

From 26/6/2006 to 1/7/2006 i was going for an 'In plant training' at DTTC,chennai(BSNL official training centre).There were lots of engineers who are good technically.i asked them many doubts regarding broadband and they answered them all! it will sound amazing! but true.i asked him that why there are short disconnections in unlimited plans every 90 mins resulting unreliable connections and this thing has not been printed in the announcement.He said that this thing is mentioned in the BSNL site.They have said that for unlimited plans they wont give static IPs.So for every 90 mins the thing they have in the server or DSLAM randomly disconnects our lines(not all at a time).Then the router again connects and stays with a different IP.Also he mentioned that there will be roughly 2-3 IP changes in 24 hours.sometimes never.BSNL sux because the guys at CC are too bad in tech and they are just too lazy to rectify problems we face.He also said that later this year BSNL is gonna launch IPTV in chennai and Mumbai for RS.300-400 per month.BSNL has a lot of infrastructure than any other private player.No one can object this.They showed us the fibre optic cables they use and they were awesome.He also compared with the OFC used by private players and they just suck.Before going to that training i thought BSNL never improve but now ill go BSNL way always.No other go.

BSNl being the pioneer in INdian Telecommunication and Broadband should be the one setting examples and introducing the fantastic plans first. INstead its tailing a private player. The unlimited plans were introduced by Airtel first...and the moment BSNL saw its consumers deserting BSNL services, then it came into its senses. NOt only it introduced the new plans in competition to Airtel it also dented Airtel's expansion. I was just a box away to gettin Airtel when BSNL came in and stopped the Airtel operations in my area. NOw all i have is ripped apart driveways with wire hangin out.

QUOTE(LoneCrusader @ Jul 2 2006, 11:04 AM) [snapback]54919[/snapback]
BSNl being the pioneer in INdian Telecommunication and Broadband should be the one setting examples and introducing the fantastic plans first. Instead its tailing a private player.
[/b]
Exactly..

All this sundar went for was a "training" course, the three IPs changing bit an be alleviated if there was an option to rent an IPaddr per yr, i remember my last IP used to do just that and it cost Rs.1000/yr. Otherwise you have to deal with the disconnects, it happens with Airtel as well but i don't notice the change that much.

As far as one OFC being better than the other, who gives a shit, OFC handles GBs of info, so what diff does it make ?

i got 2 comps 1 on airtel 1 on data1 at homedownloadin torrents 24x7AIRTEL RULESbandwidth monitor stats: max down max downAIRTEL 34 45BSNL 30-32 8-12 (data1's upload will flux downloads)azureus stats max down max down seeding ratioAIRTEL 28-32 32-38 1.1+BSNL 25-30 2-4 ~0.2if ur AIM is to browse n DOWNLOAD : GO FR AIRTEL (no1.choise of all isps in india)if ur worried abt GAMMING on favorite servers inside india : u have to make a LOCAL isp choice ....may airtel be with u 😀 and u may have loto modem problems with bsnl .................posiblity is low with airtel , if so will be solved by the earliest .............HAV FUN WITH AIRTEL DUDES

Hi GuysIt seems that all are here are Airtel fans.But as I know no one can be trasparent like BSNL and for the 256kbps unlimited home plans BSNL tariff is approx Rs 100/- less than Airtel.And most of the BB users do Downloading rather than Uploading.So I'll suggest BSNL.Thanx