(airtel Vs Bsnl) Need Some Advice

bluesaze

[OP]
Jun 13, 2006
hello people I am from Chennai I had a BSNL 256 Plan 1200 (Business plan). As soon as I heard about the unlimited offer I had applied for it. So I expected it to change at the beginning of june 1st. but they did not. When we phoned them up they create a big fuss at the end of which they told as that we are not allowed to change from busineness to Home Plan and if we wanted to change we first had to apply for a non-unlimited home plan and then later apply for the unlimited. So I applied for the home 1800 (non-unlimited). after a few week they still hadnt changed the plan they created a fuss, when I went to their office to enquire they gave a lot of bullshit about how they been told not to allow people to change to the unlimited plan and it was only for new customers. So I have requested them to disconnect the Broadband connection thinking that I would apply for a new connection at the end of this month. Now I need some advice since I heard Airtel is aslo pretty good. Are the speeds provided by the BSNL, Airtel 256 plans equivalent. I found BSNL connection very stable and reliable and I get a decent 25-30Kbps which remains constant without fluctuating. And the pros and cons. I am planning to apply for the aitel 900 scheme i.e 256 unlimited.

max

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 6, 2005
You're crazy not to take airtel when its available to you. Speeds are almost on par with BSNL. Besides which they have a great CC and good offers.People like us are waiting for airtel to start services in our area and when you have the option I dont know why you're not exercising it??

LoneCrusader

Regular
Regulars
May 8, 2006
Gonna back max on that. Airtel is far better than BSNL. Better CC, Better upload ratio....I am gonna ditch BSNL and go for airtel as soon as it hits my pavement.

22ji

Regulars
Jun 12, 2006
get airtel, their upload speeds are higher than bsnl

bluesaze

[OP]
Jun 13, 2006
Thanks a lot for the advice guys .......... I just got Airtel......... And you were right it as good a BSNL plus the upload speed is much better.............

sundar_milo

Regular
Regulars
Dec 29, 2005
Ive got BSNL BB for about a year.I havent experienced ANY problems in both connection and their customer care.All you guys say that its better to go for Airtel.You guys dont know that BSNL has the infrastructure now itself to provide upto 25 Mbps(ADSL 2+).Theyre planning for IPTV for the rest of the bandwidth i.e 22 Mbps.

Looking at Airtel they've got only 512 Kbps.Even though if they increase their speed to 10 Mbps,the next day BSNL will unvail its 12 Mbps connections.

I think you are choking the settings in the modem and/or computer thinking that u get better speeds,and finally crying that BSNL is bad.And remember one thing,you wont be able to get better speeds by choking modem settings as this thing comes under ADSL.

Only cable BB can be tuned to different speeds other than normal , called as tweaking.
see posts in www.testmy.net

blr_p

Regulars
Regulars
May 26, 2005
Choking !!No, i have not touched my settings in over a yr. Things work just fine.What i can't comment on however is on BSNL as i have never got a connection from them for broadband. I can say my phone which is BSNL has gone off a few times already. Which is really strange since it worked really well for yrs upto recently. Impression i get from ppl on this board is that BSNL speeds are consistant but expensive till they started to offer unlimited.How good the unlimited service is still up for debate since they don't seem willing to hand them out without making you jump through some loops.

LoneCrusader

Regular
Regulars
May 8, 2006
U r the vice president of some fairy land dewd...cause when all r screamin on the top of their lungs that the upload speed sux in comparison to Airtel.....u still assume we as consumers have somethin to do with it. Dont take me wrong pal...i am huge fan of BSNL but the advocated bills and crappy CC sux.