• Thread starter Thread starter Deep Saha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 89
  • Views Views 61,026

Deep Saha

4G LTE GeeK
ISP
Alliance Broadband Services
Does anyone know how to set up Airtel VOIP in Laptop for Xstream users?
It seems the routers they provide use SIP/VOIP Settings to connect to landline and I wonder how to set up the same in Desktop/Laptop for better call as Landline sucks and as the technology is already been used by the routers to connect to landline it should be available to desktop also via SoftPhone but no one knows about the same.

Also, Airtel has similar VOIP Service, but it seems speaking with Customer Care/Technician, they don't know anything related to it.

India's leading provider of Prepaid & Postpaid Mobile Services in India - Airtel.in

You will need to get the password for the sip client from Airtel. That is the missing element at the moment.

The sip username is of the form +91XXXXXXXXXX@ims.airtel.in. The sip server is 10.232.139.146.

Upvote 0
Me to looking for the same Is there any way to use the landline feature of Airtel ftth in our mobile phone like jio call app ?

Upvote 0
Like @rajil.s mentioned , has anyone been able to get the SIP credentials from airtel. Also i want to know that is this service activated by default with your airtel ftth connection if you already have a landline connected to the ONT or is this an addon service.

PS: even i want to activiate SIP in my default android phone app. But the problem is when i try to create a new SIP profile and enter the username, it says special characters not allowed, so @rajil.s are you sure about the format of the username

Upvote 0
The username is correct. You will need to ensure that your are able to ping the SIP server from your android phone. This would require that you have setup appropriate routes on your router.

I don't understand your question about addon package. The telephone connection is bundled with the FTTH connection, so everybody gets a sip/landline number. Airtel however do not give out telephone units these days.

Upvote 0
My guess is the telephone support people dont have a clue about this. I guess you need to get in touch with the backend team. The way to get to the backend team would be through installation person.

Upvote 0
I also tried some passwords like the phone number, customer id, empty string, etc. None are working. Please update if anyone is able to find a way to get it.

Upvote 0
I found the SIP Username and Password for the SIP server buried inside the Diagnostic log.

SIPpass.webp

You may try and give it a shot.

Upvote 0