Airtel, Vodafone and Reliance Jio have all reduced call ringing time while TRAI decides on regulations

I read today some article on this tactic of Jio. They are exploiting human psychology. When we see missed calls, we will call the callee back. If they are from non-jio network, jio will earn money.

That's true. It's called IUC (Interconnection Usage Charge) paid by the calling operator to the called operator.

It had become so annoying that I ported out to Airtel. And the cherry on the cake is that data speeds are over twice as fast on Airtel compared to that of Jio. What I also noticed is that Airtel to Airtel VoLTE calls are better in quality than Jio to Jio VoLTE calls.

Airtel pulls a Jio, reduces call ringing time to 25 seconds
  • Airtel said, despite its repeated requests for the last 7-8 weeks, Trai has neither directed Jio to restore the timer to its original 45 seconds nor issued any general direction to all operators to set the timer to 30 seconds as proposed by the majority of operators.
  • In the absence of any direction from TRAI and to prevent further loss of IUC (interconnect usage charge), we are left with no other option than to reduce the timer in our network as well: Airtel
As usual, Jio is dictating the rules and regulations in the Mobile sector.

Jio is just fucking up the industry. Not setting any standards or anything. And next they are going to do the same in broadband market.

Airtel pioneered FUP. I wonder what Jio would introduce to fuck it all up for us.

5G airtel ko le dubega. hopefully they play smart this time around. with jio as the only competition remaining... they need to play a long game and ensure that they do not fuck themselves up as vodafone did.

Read about Airtel wanting to sell their stake in its Tower business. They are hoping to raise 35k crore from the deal which would give them a cushion in upcoming 5G auction.

But always trust Modi ji and Jio to tank every opponent.

yup. airtel also really needs to get out of bullshit media services and focus on the core product.