Airtel Virus Subscription

• Thread starter Thread starter ultra vires
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 4,291
ISP
MTNL 749NU
Has anybody tried there Virus subscription service??? :huh: 🤔 is it free of cost or wat.u can see the option to subscribe to virus scanner when u log into the page where u see ur usage :mellow:

virus subscription? :blink: Or is it ANTI-virus subscription....

Originally posted by ultra vires@Oct 23 2005, 06:23 PM
Has anybody tried there Virus subscription service??? :huh:  🤔
is it free of cost or wat.

I clicked on the link and got a mail with URL to download PC Cillin Internet Security Suite and a key and did work.

Till date am using it.

Sandeep

no sh*t?!?!? You got PC-Cillin for free (legally)???Not bad, not bad.... though personally I think Avast is doing a hell of a better job than Pc-Cillin did for me...

I am using Pc-cillin 2005 and its just great.....its the bestAnd its wonderful if Airetel is giving Pccillin free to ats customers

Originally posted by vebmetal@Oct 24 2005, 11:25 AM
no sh*t?!?!?  You got PC-Cillin for free (legally)???

Not bad, not bad.... though personally I think Avast is doing a hell of a better job than Pc-Cillin did for me...
[snapback]29308[/snapback]
[/quote]

i was using nortan antivirus and AVG free home user subscription.
Many times I found AVG was able to catch intrusions better than
nortan. I had used pc celin that came as a free download for a
year along with new MB. But so so.

By chance I came across this AVASTi. simply downloaded the .exe
and did not install. I tried it online from their site. Wow! it could
point out 10 spywares and virusus in my system and gave me
a report in which folder under what name they are stored. 😱

Since Sept.15th I am using this only. I have uninstalled nortan and AVG
Avasti is really free and you get upgrades daily. it works. above all it is
free. B)

stpmds/chennai-42

Must be false +ve ,most online scans find false +ve stuff tp prove that you are heavily infected,try kasperky AV pro(biggest signature database),and it will surely find 20 more Viruses in your avast protected Comp.

Well, before we launch into a "MY AV is better than yours" discussion, let's just contend that NO AV is perfect or close to it.... almost every AV will detect stuff that other AVs won't.... and this I know after tryin McAfee, Norton, Pc-Cillin, Kaspersky, AVG, Avast and others.......p.s. I'm not trying to say that every AV is equal.... it just depends on your individual needs.

I fully agree with you ,no one is perfect especially on the spyware front ,and all discover false +ve results especially all online scans .I dont even trust kaspersky ,so i use both nod32 (in real time mode ),and kaspersky in passive scanning mode(its real time mode is not that good as nod32 ,which in turn may mot have the best database ),they dont conflict that way,outpost as firewall,Giant antispyware( in real time),spysweeper in passive mode .Still spyware,Viruses sneek thrugh after all I cant stop using IRC,P2P and other nasty stuff but thay are taken care off by all these ,and nver got in any serious trouble for last one year after i started using multiple protections.Definately i wud lik to have a router too.

if airtel is giving PC Cillin Internet Security Suite for free then its really good (legally) as it contains firewall tooo .. Sify sucks with mcafee which looks stupid,acts stupid and catches nothing :angry:

Holy Shit then man! Get one!!! You are just putting yourself and other at risk!!!! There are some really good free ones like nod32 and Avast.....