Airtel VDSL Skype and VPN issues

• Thread starter Thread starter a.prash
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 3,245
ISP
Airtel
Hi All,
I have been using Airtel broadband since 5years and i have got upgraded to VDSL 40mbps. After that my troubles started. the connection doesn't stay stable if i connect to my office VPN. And if i have Skype meetings with VPN on, then it's like hell.

I kept complaining to CC. First they tried upgrading the beetle 777VR1 firmware. The VPN and Skype seems to be fine for a day and again second day the problem starts.

Now the technician changed the modem to D-Link DSL224, upgraded firmware to latest. But still the same issues. Normal browsing works fine but it is only Skype and VPN that i see issues.

Then the technical team set up Port triggering for both VPN and Skype, for one day it seemed better and then back to same problem. Now between skype meetings, my Cisco Anyconnect suddenly disconnects and shows "acquiring IP address' status and my skype call goes blank for almost a minute.

Did any of notice such issues with VPN and Skype?

cannot comment on the VPN bit. but all my relatives who upgraded to vfiber had same issues with random disconnections. the router also takes a lot of time to connect on first boot. this is why i am still sticking with adsl though considering dumping it as well.