Airtel V-Fiber (VDSL) - Problems after upgrade [40 Mbps/Bangalore]

• Thread starter Thread starter liverpool79
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 14,740
Thanks for confirming,have ordered the Amazon cable.

Yeah,this particular Fujitsu-Siemens laptop is old,I've had it for 8 years now without a single problem even having dropped it on occasion ha ha.They sure don't make em like these anymore.

Yeah true. Nothing is as quality as it used to be years back.

Yes. Good. 🙂

RJ45 from Amazon are usually on sale these days. Make sure you buy from the Lightening Deal.

Hello,guyz.I am planning to buy Airtel V-fiber 40 mbps plan.But,before buying I just want your suggestion that should I go for it or not?Is there any way to find out before getting connection that how much speed I can get?

Hello,guyz.I am planning to buy Airtel V-fiber 40 mbps plan.But,before buying I just want your suggestion that should I go for it or not?Is there any way to find out before getting connection that how much speed I can get?
You can post your current connection stats if you already hold ADSL or Airtel Broadband.

if they offer you 40mbps plan you should get 40mbps download & 5/10mbps upload. they would clearly mention whether if 16mbps/24mbps/40mbps is feasible at your location

if they offer you 40mbps plan you should get 40mbps download & 5/10mbps upload. they would clearly mention whether if 16mbps/24mbps/40mbps is feasible at your location
I asked them they said I can get 40 Mbps.But,in reality how much speed I can get on speedtest.net?Does speed depend on any factors?

Just a quick update 🙂

Been using the Amazon cable for a month now and my connection is completely stable.No downtime at all.So the wireless/router was indeed the problem.Also,as a bonus, i'm maxing out my download speed on both torrents and direct browser downloads! Sweet!😎 I clocked 4 MB/sec transfer rate on torrents and 5 MB/sec on downloads via IDM.

Now only if greedy Airtel would increase the FUP limit to a minimum 100-200 GB.The 50 GB limit is bullshit.On top of that speed is down to 1 MBPS.They could have halved it,say after 50 GB you get 20 MBPS till a certain amount and then it decreases gain by half to 10 MBPS.They coul d easily go for various combinations of speed/data,but they have a very regressive outlook as a company.

Sadly my 500 GB bonus got over today and i'm stuck at 1 MBPS till next 3 weeks.👎.The Smartbytes options don't appeal to me either.Has anyone managed to get a second 500 GB bonus from Airtel? 😛😉