Airtel V-Fiber (VDSL) - Link Drop & Other Issues [HELP]

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 381
  • Views Views 152,451
hi guys! I am facing a weird issue with my Huawei HG630a modem where the modem resets every time I use the internet at full speed. I am sorry I don't know how else to phrase this. Let me provide examples.

My modem resets(not DSL loss, resets itself like it was switched off and on) when I try to use speedtest.net , netflix, youtube or try to download a large file. Basically, the issue is my modem resets as every time I do something intensive rather than just browse. The airtel engineer checked the problem and told me the modem needs to be changed and he can't figure it out, but there is no availability right now and he'll let me know once modems are available. I am on the Airtel V-fiber.

Have any of you faced such issues before? any solutions? I

you could try a factory reset and/or firmware upgrade but i assume the engineer would have already tried all that.
firmware: HG630aV100R001C298B012_upgrade_main.bin

Take the binatone one, they have fixed almost all the issues in it. I have the same modem in two of my offices and none of them are giving any problems.

Yes, I got the Binatone one and I have to say it's been working perfectly. Haven't had a single drop in 48 hours.

last night my router stopped giving wi fi signals, and the wi fi light became steady ( Huawei hg630 modem). I restarted the router and it started working. Then today morning the router is not getting switched on even after trying many times. I have called the Airtel cc. Will they change the router? Which is the best modem router to get for vdsl 40 mbps? I had paid RS 1000 for the router while upgrading to vdsl.

vdsl routers are costly if bought from the market. airtel is selling them for a pretty reasonable price. not sure who actually owns the hardware in this particular case. whether you would get a free replacement or at least a replacement based on one year warranty that should apply on it.

7iO6knq.png
mUP9QCe.png
xX6Un
the airtel guy came and replaced the Huawei 630 router with binatone dt 920w. speeds are fine but my mobile is not getting connected to wi fi?

Last edited:
My Huawei was replaced with a binatone 920w as well but i noticed a peculiar problem with it. Even though the vdsl link itself was stable with no resyncs, after about a day or so of uptime there would be heavy packet loss and only a restart would fix it and the cycle would repeat itself. So, I got them to replace the binatone with a D-Link dsl 224 and it worked well for 3-4 days but today after approx 2 days of uptime there was packet loss again (20-25%) and upon checking the dsl stats i noticed the CRC errors count rapidly increasing and as was the case with binatone, it became normal after a router reboot. I don't know what to make of it because i never faced this problem with the huawei .

Code:
DSL Line Status    SHOWTIME.
DSL Mode    VDSL2-17A G.Vector FDPS AnnexB
Channel Mode    FAST
Up Stream    9997 kbps
Down Stream    44994 kbps
Attenuation Down Stream    23 dB
Attenuation Up Stream    19 dB
SNR Margin Down Stream    9.4 dB
SNR Margin Up Stream    10.4 dB
Vendor ID    RETK
Firmware Version    v134fc14
CRC Errors    4
Up Stream BER    0e-7
Down Stream BER    0e-7
Up Output Power    6.5
Down Output Power    13.5
ES    4
SES    0
UAS    1212
Up Stream FEC Errors    22
Down Stream FEC Errors    0
Up Stream HEC Errors    0
Down Stream HEC Errors    0

@waterloo_sunset Your stats don't seem good for a stable VDSL connection. They are still good for an ADSL+ profile. As per the Airtel guy who came to Install, the min SNR in VDSL should be more than 12db for average to good connection and 15+ for excellent stability. However, on ADSL the SNR can go as low as 7db and still remain somewhat stable for 16mbps profile.

Below are my line stats and on 777VR i haven't had any problem till date.

Dsl Line Status
SHOWTIME.
Dsl Mode VDSL2-17A G.Vector FDPS AnnexB
Up Stream 9998 kbps
Down Stream 45000 kbps
Attenuation Down Stream 18
Attenuation Up Stream 20
SNR Margin Down Stream 14.2
SNR Margin Up Stream 17.8
Vendor ID Beetel
Firmware Version v134fc14
HEC Errors 0