Airtel V-Fiber (VDSL) - Link Drop & Other Issues [HELP]

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 381
  • Views Views 152,436
@manojrk Talking
about wire thing. Did they change wire coming from DP to Home or Exchange to DP?

Also, did they change port of your connection on exchange tag, blue box tag, dp tag?

Is there any joint in your wire?

Are you using splitter and landline with your vdsl connection?

Last edited by a moderator:
Exchange to DP cables are UG. Only the cable from DP to my home was changed. The ports were unchanged and there are no Joints. My Panasonic cordless went kaput recently so I'm not using landline atm. No splitter.

I enabled G.INP just to see what happens?
Ping got lowest (5), Speeds got maxed out (41 and 1 3 ).
But too many disconnections.

No disconnections, since I disabled it as it was by default.
Ping back to 25.

@wecaz I have noticed the same. Though G.INP increased disconnections and disabling it reduced.

Which modem do you have?

G.INP is a cheap Steroid for VDSL modems. Not worth it.

I got Beetel 777VR1.
- Variable speed on WiFi.
- Stable speed on Ethernet.
- Higher chances of disconnections on high bandwidth usage.

@wecaz Yes, I have noticed everything same as you have said.

What are you doing to do with it now?

Experienced members have advised to ignore the issues if they are not impacting.
It is not known if Huawei modems also have the same issues. (to be checked with other forum members)

Even if Huawei modems do not have issues, and I raise the issue with Airtel, Huawei modems are not in stock.

why you guys are sorting this to yourself? If there is stability issues complain to Airtel. let it be their headache after all we are paying premium to

Airtel for reliability and customer support naa? disconnection threat is best to solve most of problems with airtel.

@iglooo Airtel technician knows only checking line. They don't have knowledge on vdsl. I showed them disconnection on modem. Still they aren't accepting the fault.

@wecaz how many disconnects per day? Im using same modem beetel 777vr1. For me it is 5 to 10 times in a day. I reduced to 2mbps plan..still facing disconnects.

Have you tried escalating the issue to Nodal or Appellate Authority?

@manojrk yes i talked to nodal officer. They told same story.. Senior technician will visit and fix the problem. I think copper line can't give more speed and stability at sametime.

I'm syncing at 100+ Mbps and my connection is very stable. You can escalte it once again to Appellate Authority and request them to fix it for good or be prepared to lose you as a customer.

Nodal officer assured that within 2 days issue will be fixed. Currently I'm using Airtel as backup.