Airtel V-Fiber Router cost down to Rs. 500 for some subscribers

• Thread starter Thread starter raj2007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 14,704
Yeah that's what I was expecting - this is just marketing term for standard VDSL which is limited to 40 mbps - why is airtel claiming 100 mbps to some users then???

100 mbps can be delivered through copper (VDSL2+)and in the coming months it would be available across major regions. They have started the rollout of 100mbps through VDSL and the key is distance from the DSLAM. It is / would be available to customers within 150m from the dslam and subsequently 75mbps for people within 400m and 60mbps for people within 500m. I am 550m away from the dslam and my max attainable rate is 77mbps, so 60mbps should be pretty achievable.

good to know!

yeah what a SAD waste... the need to be 500 m from the exchange BAH

An uncle got this funky looking Technicolor branded router. This one has a led for update :\

NIuZ1Tl.jpg

Any ideas what the username/password is for this router? My dad got the same one installed recently at his place. I'm trying to debug it here from the US, but its going to be tough without knowing the default username/pass.

The usual suspects don't seem to work (admin/admin, admin/password, admin/<blank>, Administrator/<blank>), and there's a 5 try limit 🙁

If Airtel set it up it's probably admin / airtel consumer id

Hi All,

Sorry for the big post. But I would like to explain it better to get a solution for my problem.

since everyone talking about the Airtel's upgrade to the new VDSL copper service, I feel this is the right place to ask my questions. I am staying in Chennai, Pallikaranai narayanapuram area. This month starting me too received call from Airtel asking me to upgrade to VDSL modem as they are upgrading their service. They told me that I will be getting upto 40Mbps of speed. I became exited as I was in just 4Mbps connection with my own ADSL modem. The problem started right after they upgraded. They offered my Binatone DT920W VDSL modem router. I started getting frequent disconnections. I called customer care, and as usual the service engineer came and reset the modem, changed wifi name and password, did few modem configurations and made it to work. The same night again the connection was lost. Again I called and yelled at them. Next day they came and changed the modem with another one of the same model. This is I got a unique issue. I am using iPhone 8Plus and Macbook pro. My wife and mom used andriod mobiles and windows laptop. only my Apple devices were not connecting to the wifi. Whereas andriod and windows laptop were connecting perfectly. Everytime I need to forget the network, turn off wifi, restart to get my devices connected to the wifi. Yesterday again the service guy came and he was also confused to what setting that he need to setup to get my apple devices connected. because in the previous modem there were no issues with connection. They were perfect. Right after this change i am getting pissed off with this frequent dis-connection. I searched in apple forums and got a recommended settings for wifi configuration. I gave that to the service guy and he did the configuration. After that I got it connected but that too did not last for a day. From yesterday night my mac starts to struggle to get connected. Mac finds it difficult to connect right after using from sleep. Similarly my iphone would not connect whenever i go out of the range and come back home again. I cannot blame the apple devices as they were working like charm wih previous ADSL modem.

Can someone tell me, if you are facing the similar issue like me with Apple devices after the upgrade. Or I would be happy if there is a solution or turnaround for this. I am not sure if this is a modem or connection issue. if modem issue, I am ready to scrap this modem and get a god VDSL modem available in market.

Thanks
Mohanraj