Airtel upgrade free, what about BSNL users?

• Thread starter Thread starter Thor
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,947

Thor

Just saw that Airtel users of 256k unlimited have been upgraded free to 512k unlimited and extra free calls. :blink:
This was posted elsewhere, so look at the picture

http://img394.imageshack.us/my.php?image=airtelplan1lg.jpg

And we are still stuck with 1 Gb limit and 2AM downloads 🙁

yeah, i know. i too am waiting eagerly for airtel to lay their cables in my building 😛

Originally posted by Thor@Oct 29 2005, 05:22 AM
Just saw that Airtel users of 256k unlimited have been upgraded free to 512k unlimited and extra free calls.  :blink:
This was posted elsewhere, so look at the picture

http://img394.imageshack.us/my.php?image=airtelplan1lg.jpg

And we are still stuck with 1 Gb limit and 2AM downloads  🙁
[snapback]29854[/snapback]
[/quote]

This is freedom combo plan which has a 1.25GB limit and not unlimited ,no official announcement for 512kbps unlimited as of now.

I opted for BSNL cos Airtel was not available in my locality. I have been waiting for 3 months now for Airtel to lay their lines.

I use Airtel at my other office at Cbe. Just changed my plan from 256 (limited to 1 GB) to 256 (4GB) with static ip @ 1200/ pm

Even if they didnt officially announce the upgrade from 256 to 512 kbps , remember what they did some weeks back ? Yes , they did upgrade all the users from 128 - 256kbps . Still a really lucrative offer. I hope BSNL can atleast double the limit for all its plans. A speed upgrade wouldnt make much of a difference if the data cap remains the same

yep, triple the limits would be good for BSNL... 15 GB for 512k is just about right ... plus the NU time if extra needed

Originally posted by vishalrao@Oct 31 2005, 05:21 AM
yep, triple the limits would be good for BSNL... 15 GB for 512k is just about right ... plus the NU time if extra needed
[snapback]30027[/snapback]
[/quote]

nah dude, BSNL will never reduce its data cap to such an extent, if it wud then how wud it make money ?? :lol: also we gotta keep in mind tat bsnl is the only mofo ISP which charges u for upload... wat a load of bull i'd say !!

BSNL is the only ISP that counts upload, forces you to pay for a phone you don't want and permits free use from 2 AM :angry: Then they wonder why people are switching to other ISPs :blink: Well the bright side is that they didn't give us free use from 4 AM 😀 Just imagine if there was an alternative, they wouldn't have a single user left. From such a large PSU, I really expected much more.

Thor.. true. BSNL charges 250 Rs rental per month for the damn phone. Payment can be only made in those "govt" offices. Bandwidth is limited.The momemt airtel comes to my area, I'm moving. bsnl can rot in hell.

everbody is saying the same thing.........but i think when airtel expands...they wont be unlimited anymore

ya actually.... its when you put a data limit is when you cna provide connections at the said speeds and have almost zero downtimes.but then again.. unlimited is a different thing altogether hmm