Airtel-UL-PowerData 3000 500gb: Airtel Offered Me A 500gb Plan

genie

woot !
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel

Last night I got a call from Airtel offering me 500GB / 8mbps for Rs 3000+taxes per month. I would had to pay rs 1000 more than my existing plan 150gb/8mbps and I do not consume even 150GB so I refused. But I was stupid enough to agree to 200GB/8mbps plan for Rs 2399 taxes....they told me this is a special offer because I am a Platinum Customer 😛

Now the 500GB plan looks more tempting. Should I call them and negotiate for a better price ?

Namaste!

Bill plan for your airtel account no. 123456 and fixedline ID 1234567 has been changed to Airtel-UL-Rapid 2399 200GB (8Mbps/512Kbps) COMBO Plan with effect from 22-Jul-2016.

Last edited:
If you think you can consume 500GB in a month, and you need this much data... go ahead. I would have applied for this plan if they had 8/16mbps in my area. At 4mbps, it would require way too much effort.

Right now my place has three different internet connections. Airtel Broadband, Reliance Broadband and Airtel 4G. I would actually love to switch to a 500GB plan as it would cost lower than the three different connections combined. But since the number of devices are so many, the speed would have to be high enough to ensure that all people get usable bandwidth!

Last edited:
I was thinking if Airtel doesnt get mad maybe I can extend to my tenant and split the bill.

heh. unless he is running a commercial venture from his part of the house, it should be fine. though you would need to monitor the usage to see if he does not end up abusing it resulting in slowdowns for you.

can't use 150GB still upgraded to 200GB plan, why?

Decided not to share with my tenants.....they will drive me crazy :rofl: whenever they are not happy with the speed or whatever. :russianroulette:

hehe. you could have shared the cost of a router with good qos features... the rs. 2000 xiaomi router seems to have it.

1w4SoU.png

yes. default interface is in chinese. some sellers sell it with a customized english firmware. the other option is to load a custom firmware after getting the device. openwrt support is there but requires some messing around. guides are available online. the default UI works fine if you are connected to internet as Chrome's internal translator works quite well. Offline can be a hassle.