Airtel u/l 256 (999 plan) got doubled speeds?

• Thread starter Thread starter prathapml
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,158

prathapml

Agent Smith
ISP
Load balanced, 100Mbit fake poop
I usually get a max of 27-28 kBps...Today since morning, i've been getting an average of 54-56 kBps downstream, and 28 kBps upstream.Hoping that this is not a 9/11 bomb dropped by airtel (check today's date). 😛 I checked another connection of 256k (u/l but in a different exchange, and dunno whether the plan is slightly different, maybe the Rs.900 or a business plan), and he says speeds were especially bad yesterday so airtel might be compensating for it today, but then his connection speed is still especially bad today also.Note that these speeds are NOT a night-doubling, i'm getting these speeds in day-time... So the upgrade is either a flash in the pan, or it is actually a permanent upgrade happening in exchanges one-by-one.

^ Oh good news ....IS it constant even now ???What about 128kbps UL ppl - They're getting it too?

please god please, do it here too...... 🙄🙄

😗

NO Speed increase.. its same around 30

So bad days came for Airtel users that people have to pray to God.. :wall:

Not getting double speed here either, but Airtel's speed test does show that I am getting 35KB/s!!

As you might have guessed, the speeds stopped.There was a prolonged power-cut on thursday night, and after a reboot on friday morning, my speeds are back to the usual. So it lasted from monday morning uptil thursday night (4 days). If the exact circumstances that cause this are known, it'd be more easy to make use of the "opportunity" next time...