Airtel - The 5G Ready Network

• Thread starter Thread starter itzmynet
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 4,664
The thing is they don't want to compare with ISP's overseas and improve their network. There is always room for improvement. It has become a game of subscriber numbers rather than becoming the best. I mean the population is huge for catering high speeds , but they don't want to test , experiment and improve their network. I wonder if Airtel thinks 250 Mbps is a big achievement for them

Some train routes don't even have Airtel coverage. The areas have less customers and phone users (village) . So no towers? 🤷‍♂️.

I would rather use 50 Mbps on a LTE network in every corner of India than using 5G 250 Mbps in one part of city

And Airtel treats Prepaid customers like 💩

Last edited:
Internet speed of 200 to 300 mbps can be easily achieved on current 4g networks of airtel and vi using carrier aggregation so this is just marketing for rebranding 4g+ as 5g just like a telecom company ( AT&T ) did in USA named 5G E, it was just 4x4 mimo on 4g network but on the Carrier locked android phones it showed as 5G E.
I'll be very happy if they can provide 50 to 100 mbps speed on 5G or 4G with decent fup, as it'll remove the need of having a broadband connection.

Last edited:
Internet speed of 200 to 300 mbps can be easily achieved on current 4g networks of airtel and vi using carrier aggregation so this is just marketing for rebranding 4g+ as 5g just like a telecom company ( AT&T ) did in USA named 5G E, it was just 4x4 mimo on 4g network but on the Carrier locked android phones it showed as 5G E.
I'll be very happy if they can provide 50 to 100 mbps speed on 5G or 4G with decent fup, as it'll remove the need of having a broadband connection.
Wireless will never replace wired connections. By the time 5g is ready the costs will be much more higher than the 4g.You can't expect the telecos to give you 5g in the same price bracket of 4g, after all the investments they have done like buying spectrum for huge prices and other ground investment

As for the fup, for a population like in india , giving a higher fup would be disaster since there would be severe network congestion once all people switch to 5g, as it happened in the case of 4g.

lol don't get your hopes up or create fake hyper for this 5G, Airtel was using DSS (Dynamic Spectrum Sharing). running 4G and 5G on the same block of 20Mhz of B3 in AP. DSS 5G is pretty slow compared to LTE. Airtel was running N3 20Mhz 2x2 Mimo and 256QAM thats why those 250mbps speeds, usually 5G uses 4x4 MIMO. unless govt allocate N78 we wont get proper 5G experience

Wireless will never replace wired connections. By the time 5g is ready the costs will be much more higher than the 4g.You can't expect the telecos to give you 5g in the same price bracket of 4g, after all the investments they have done like buying spectrum for huge prices and other ground investment

As for the fup, for a population like in india , giving a higher fup would be disaster since there would be severe network congestion once all people switch to 5g, as it happened in the case of 4g.
5G plans will be around 1k initially gradually going up as the network expands, as telecos will market 5G like crazy and people will take 5G if they want to get decent speeds as 4G network is congested pretty bad everywhere. Telecom companies never marketed 4G +, I think because they can use 4G + as pseudo 5G and sell it at the cost of 5G.
The plans of 5G are high worldwide while providing fup of less than 100GB of monthly data, South Korea is doing a good job in this regard as at least they have good 5G coverage.

imo LTE is good enough for the most part and when it isn't (in big cities, and high population density areas like stadiums), only mmWave 5g would be a meaningful solution/ upgrade considering the number on users in India.