Airtel Sux Big Time - Speed Problems since Past 1 year!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter slayer213
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 124
  • Views Views 17,543
me ?? i complained to the normall CC guys they said theyll forward my complain when i insisted that they lodge my complaint i also wrote an email to their customer support which was not so umm polite ^^ i then got a call from them to clarify what exactly is the problem im facing i told them the whole thing n said ill disconnect soon if this keeps upand voila suddenly today an Executive guy comes over to my place to discuss the problem ^^

me ?? i complained to the normall CC guys they said theyll forward my complain when i insisted that they lodge my complaint i also wrote an email to their customer support which was not so umm polite ^^ i then got a call from them to clarify what exactly is the problem im facing i told them the whole thing n said ill disconnect soon if this keeps up

and voila suddenly today an Executive guy comes over to my place to discuss the problem ^^

So what happened? Has your speed increased?

i got calls for 2 continuos day when i mailed that dude srivastav... nothing is going to change. i know it they know it. they dont know to hear from us that their recent steps have been pretty darn stupid... disabling night double speed was the worst step they could have taken at this time.

So what happened? Has your speed increased?

i don think theyll be able to change the speeds so fast its india after all even if they do take a discussion n make new plans its surely to take some time anyways i don really care anymore i jus phoned mtnl to setup a 2mpbs thin so if airtel reverts back its good if they dont ill jus keep this plan cause my dad don need a high download speed for his laptop ^^

Ok guys. I complained to Deepak Srivastava. Received a reply via email. Since then, there have been constant calls from various executives. But no solution.I have upgraded to the 512 plan for the time being. Tata guys are making up excuses. When I get the tata connection installed, then will keep the airtel as backup.Let's see how it goes. Maybe Airtel will realise its mistake. We all should surrender our connections together and send some kind of petition to the airtel COO citing the reason. Maybe he has enough brain matter to realize that he is alienating customers

I think we all might not be able to surrender our connections but we all can sign a petition and send it to the airtel COO. But will it have any effect? I mean many ppl must have tried this b4. But, lets try it once agn. It might open their eyes.

We all can just call aup at the same time and threaten to switch over to some other ISP if Airtel doesn't give us what we should be getting. Let's hit the company where it hurts.Tell all our friends/family how bad airtel's getting, how they are cheating the customers. If we create enough noise, someone's bound to listen. I can bet that even if a few hundred call up the same time and threaten to surrender the connections it will have some impact. We should ensure we tell each person we meet about this. Airtel's bound to notice in a few days.

we all would end up calling diff customer care people who are generally not worried about the company losing a couple of customers. mail to mr. srivastav and he would feel more uncomfortable and that would be cool.

I agree. We should send him a petition. We can create one online and send it to him. @ Sushubh : How many people you think we can get to sign it

A petition seems like an excellent idea. I'm sure lots of people on this forum wil sign it.

Also post the petition on TechEnclave, there is a thread about this issue there.

We should sign with our names, and Airtel numbers, and explicitly state that we intend to disconnect the connection if things don't improve.

I really did give him a piece of my mind he first started by askin hows the broadband connection i jus told him it was pathetic instead of improving their networks you guys are giving us excuses such as that the number of users have increased thus the decrease in our speeds. i asked him about the night double thing he said this thing was provided when the company was new when i got my 64k connection they used to double my speed to 128k at nights i then asked him how was a download speed of 30kbps under 128kbps speed he again started that the number of users have increased and all that crap.

lol then i told him the CC recommended me to go for 1999 plan for better speeds aint this just a marketing tactic that u guys give us high speeds and now all of a sudden you say its not in my plan and i should upgrade now, shouldnt i just shift to mtnl that gives me like 2mbps with night UL at 800 bucks y d heck should i pay 1999 for 512kbps n now he said yes sir you are right there if we are gettin such complaints by you guys we will have to increase our bandwidth soon ^^ (seemed he was a resonable guy)

also he told me that recently they launched a 8mbps plan i was like yea with a 8gb limit now i wont use a 8mbps plan to surf and check my mails will i ? i will take a faster connection if i want to download more n 8gb in a 8mpbs plan is a laugh lol then he said yes i guess we will review our plans soon ....then he said hell call me later n will definatly look into this problem as they are concerned about their customers ( yea right why decrease it in the 1st place then)

All that is complete bullshit !! i refuse to believe that they don't have bandwidth. How do u explain the fact that they launched the 8mbps plan soon after capping our speeds??

I agree. We should send him a petition. We can create one online and send it to him.
@ Sushubh : How many people you think we can get to sign it

well dont worry abt the no. of ppl we can get loads of them. Because many of us are facing these kind of problems. We all can try our best to spread the word as much as possible. I'll post abt it at my blog and we can also ask Abhishek to do that. His blog is very popular(I think so). and we can also post abt it on VT and many other desi forums.