Airtel Sux Big Time - Speed Problems since Past 1 year!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter slayer213
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 124
  • Views Views 17,544
good god... so are we doomed to get around 50-60% of our plan speed for eternity?? 😱

Aaj CC ko call kiya tha and asked abt all this. He told me that this is all because of increased traffic. Now if a company like Airtel can't handle this traffic then who will? And traffic kya hamesha hi aisa hote hai jo hume itni pathetic speeds mil rahi hai? Feel like killing that Bharti. We all know that it will take time for the broadband sector to imrpove but we never thought that it will take back a few steps. I mean this is aweful, stopping double speed at nite and reduced speeds and when asked for an explanation, they say that it was included in the plan. The plan is 64-128. I feel like abusing these ppl. But, in CC walo ki bhi kya galti hai. They r just doing their jobs. And what a lame excuse, that the traffic is increasing. Y did they enter the market when they can't handle the traffic!!

Y doesn't some1 deface their website and leave a message asking them to leave the game if they can't play with fair rules. Can't even provide 128 kbps. We r not asking for 2 Mbps!!

heh the customer care guy 'advised' me to upgrade to 2 mbps package. i said give me unlimited in the same price and i would. definitely.

SomehowI get the feeling Airtel is not gonna change their stand on this one. They know there is no real competition out there when it comes to reliability. Unless some other provider really improves their services, Airtel's not gonna give a damn.

And somehow, I don't think reliance is gonna do anything for the broadband market. I have been hearing about reliance broadband for more than two years, but it still hasn't materialized

Its not any private player thats gonna make a difference. Its only a law body that can make a difference. They should make it mandatory to offer plans only offering speeds more than 256 and should also provide 85% of the speed promised and the data caps should be removed. Its only a govt. governing body that can make any difference.

heh the customer care guy 'advised' me to upgrade to 2 mbps package. i said give me unlimited in the same price and i would. definitely.

wat was his answer to ur question?

it is in fact mandatory. the surprising point is that why is TRAI not doing anything.

heh what do u expect? yeah sir in that case you can upgrade to 512kbps unlimited. i am considering doing that.

time wasted downloading at 20KBps itself is worth more than thousand bucks at my end.

i would upgrade after getting the laptop. then i would do downloads 24x7 even if there is nothing worthwhile to download.

doesn't that guy knows that 512 is nowhere near 2Mbps. Its a 4 times difference. In bewakuufo ko simple maths bhi nahi aati kya!!

The pack can't be decent until the price is rite cause the price is a part of the pack.

Got tired with airtel.Booked a tata 1mbps UL plan. Will keep airtel as backup.Damn BSNL, why can't they move the NU to more reasonable hours.

Got tired with airtel.
Booked a tata 1mbps UL plan. Will keep airtel as backup.
Damn BSNL, why can't they move the NU to more reasonable hours.

So, Is Tata 1mbps available for new users now? Wasn't it disabled some time ago?

1mbps is available, atleast in noida. However the NU is not available for new customers

1mbps is available, atleast in noida. However the NU is not available for new customers

Man! This is too expensive! I really don't want to spend more than 1.5K per month on internet. I guess MTNL NU is only option left for me.

Same here.. even I don't want to spend more than 1.5K and I would be glad if I even get 512 or 1mbps unlimited in that amount.

lol ok guys finally an Airtel Executive visited my place today he said he was here to discuss about the recent complains i had lodged against my braodband connection ( no he was no line-man he didn even see my pc for that sake)I really did give him a piece of my mind he first started by askin hows the broadband connection i jus told him it was pathetic instead of improving their networks you guys are giving us excuses such as that the number of users have increased thus the decrease in our speeds. i asked him about the night double thing he said this thing was provided when the company was new when i got my 64k connection they used to double my speed to 128k at nights i then asked him how was a download speed of 30kbps under 128kbps speed he again started that the number of users have increased and all that crap. lol then i told him the CC recommended me to go for 1999 plan for better speeds aint this just a marketing tactic that u guys give us high speeds and now all of a sudden you say its not in my plan and i should upgrade now, shouldnt i just shift to mtnl that gives me like 2mbps with night UL at 800 bucks y d heck should i pay 1999 for 512kbps n now he said yes sir you are right there if we are gettin such complaints by you guys we will have to increase our bandwidth soon ^^ (seemed he was a resonable guy)also he told me that recently they launched a 8mbps plan i was like yea with a 8gb limit now i wont use a 8mbps plan to surf and check my mails will i ? i will take a faster connection if i want to download more n 8gb in a 8mpbs plan is a laugh lol then he said yes i guess we will review our plans soon ....then he said hell call me later n will definatly look into this problem as they are concerned about their customers ( yea right why decrease it in the 1st place then)looks like airtel finally realizin that if they don act soon theyll jus loose their customers.... i do hope they do somethin quick im tired of 13kbps downloads 😛Keep complainin guys i hope somethin works out lol