Airtel Sux Big Time - Speed Problems since Past 1 year!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter slayer213
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 124
  • Views Views 17,537

slayer213

ISP
Airtel
hi guys, yes sounds unbelievable bt true - i m just sick n tired of my 256K unltd Airtel connection bt on the other hand, i m stuck wid them thx 2 the other crappy ISPs in this country. do not hv an option 2 switch 2 any other... anyways, since yday nite my speed has been capped to 23-24K permanently, my nite time was getting doubled till now, bt since yday tht hasnt happened either. normally, i got ard 30K during the day & 48-50k in the nite... bt since yday i m just freaking stuck at 23K - called up their pathetic call center bt as usual nothing has been done till now.. does anyone out there hv any suggestions? where do i go wid this? who do i escalate? wt abt a waiver? also, any guys/gals out there living in GK-1, Delhi facing similar probs? :madness::madness::madness:

umm who told you that they are bound to give you double night speeds? it was something that was never guaranteed in the first place. airtel does not even advertise it any more.

same here... my speed is stuck at 22-23 kbps 🙁i called a customer guy n he said that they are receiving several complaints regarding speeds n they will sort them out by tomorrow.. let's c what happens otherwise m shifting to MTNL Night Unlimited(2 MBPS) plan, atleast i'll be able to download one HD movie per day 😀

Well your speed are brought to level where most of airtel users have been since last 2 months. It seems that first they max users to hook up to there BB with that kinda offers, and as now they have achieved that target, it time for business... 😡

Then I guess our speed will b like that forever... :madness:

Damn it .. the same thing has happened to me today as well WTF😡😡They sent a stupid engineer who said it might be a virus problem. So typical of gay airtel engineers to blame it on trojans, viruses etc. The fag didn't know sh!t about their plans.

umm who told you that they are bound to give you double night speeds? it was something that was never guaranteed in the first place. airtel does not even advertise it any more.

ofcourse they always deny that they r giving double speeds bt practically n 4 all realistic purposes, thts wt has been happening since it first started.. so y all of a sudden this sudden change of heart since yday nite? moreover, y this reduction in my speed 4 the day as well, cz as of now, its still stuck at 22-23k - this is so frustrating.

btw, my cousin is on the 128k conn & there has been no change in his speeds - wts more, he actually gets a speed of 16-18k (day) & 25-26k (nite) - much much better than the shit i get in or shud i say used 2 get till yday - these b******s r intentionally ripping off the 256k segment - been wid airtel now for the past 4 years bt they r really forcing me 2 consider alternatives. any gud options?

me 2..from today but from 11.33 guess coz i restarted my modem with my pc...thts y it lost conn with the aritel server...so i wont ever get double now !!

Same here! B******s have decided to rip off 256Kbps unlimited accounts. If this persists for 1-2 days I will be definitely going for ISP change. Paying Rs 1000 plus just not worth this s**t!

Its not only the people on 256 UL plan that are getting screwed. Leave alone double speeds, I'm not even getting anything close to 128kbps. The best that I get is 10-12 KBps. Until two days back it used to be 16-18 kBps during the day and 26-30 kBps during night. I hope it gets back to normal soon.

I hope it gets back to normal soon.
Amen!

I dont think its gonna return to normal speeds again - I just got off the fone wid those buggers & they ve told me speeds r according 2 plan... hell, 1 sucker even went 2 the lengths of telling me whether i close my complaint or not, this is the speed u ll get from now on. n i thought they called themselves 'customer-centric'?!! btw i ve escalated the issue to their appellate authority, though i m not hoping anythin +ve... when it comes 2 airtel, thts wishing like rain on a sunny day!