Airtel Super Gprs Pack In Kerala. Rs 98= 2GB free, 30 Days Validity !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter sharafu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 27,052
wat abt while roaming? will i be able to use GPRS if i recharge with 98Rs outside kerala...i.e while on roaming can i use the net?

but how to disable automatic GPRS connection???

Ahh...found that for you. 🙂Menu --> Settings and Connectivity--> Admin Settings--> Packet Data. Select "When Needed". Right now, it must be "When Available". You need to set it at "When Needed".

I tried It -Still its showing the GPRS symbol -Contacted AIRTEL -They say its common to see the GPRS symbol on the phone and if you are in a 3G network, 3G symbol.Only problem is battery as GPRS connection status is inactive. It helps to connect net faster this way.Tried Nokia forums- this is a common problen with no solutions.Do you know of any software S60 V5 that controls GPRS connectivity. The solution is to created your own Access Point with Mobile Office settings-I have to try it yet.Read in one forum that 1.There is no option to turn off GPRS in Nokia phones like HTC.2.The connection script and network provider manages always on GPRS3.Or it can be a installed application (but whenever i try to access net,it asks me which connection you want to use,so i doubt itCan you plz give me some inputs???

Some queries - what exactly are you seeing beneath the tower signal? 3G or E? And which phone are you using? Nokia or HTC? (You have mentioned posting in Nokia forums, but has mentioned about something like there is no option to turn off GPRS in Nokia phones like HTC.) Yes, GPRS cannot be turned off in certain HTC models. As far i know, only BSNL provides 3G connectivity in Kerala.

my phone is Nokia 5800- connection is Airtel with GPRS (No EDGE).I was refering to some discussions on nokia forums.One guy mentioned in the forum that he used to have HTC with on/off funtion for GPRS.Beneath the Tower Signal No 3G ,no E( i assume E stands for EDGE) only two arrows. Sorry for the confusion.

EDGE is also known as Enhanced GPRS. 2.5G networks featured GPRS. Airtel Kerala (like most of the other mobile networks in India) is now 2.75G enabled and hence it supports EDGE. Basically, GPRS and EDGE are the same, but EDGE is kinda superior to the other.

The E must disappear if you follow the steps outlined in https://broadband.forum/airtel-mobile/56978-airtel-super-gprs-pack-kerala-rs-98-2gb-free-30-days-validity/#post378613. I took that from the extended user guide of Nokia 5800. The same steps worked fine with my N79 and E71 too.

Have you upgraded the default firmware of the phone to the latest one?