airtel speed not increased same as before 20 june 2011

• Thread starter Thread starter puneet
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,521

puneet

ISP
airtel
I am costumer of airtel broadband from maybe 4 years(less or more) .I have increased airtel speed for one time and airtel has increased speed two times.what is needed is that i have swift 1099 +100. From 20 june 2011 news came of increased((four times in tier-1 and tier-2 cities) and doubled in other cities) speed.I got doubled speed for 2-1/2 months(not four times).Now i get same speed as i got before the news of 20 june 2011, not even doubled, I get earlier speed of 1mbps for 15GB and then 512 kbps.I think my FUP should be 100GB(or 1 or 2mbps unlimited ).I live in delhi.I have installed new router.thanks.

i think they did not automatically doubled the speed this time. if you want double speed you have to opt for the new plans.

Airtel does not double speed automatically. You have to choose double speed offer by paying Rs.100 but you have already done so to double your speed from 512 to 1mbps. Therefore, they won't allow you to opt for anymore double speed offers. Instead they may offer you 2mbps with reduced FUP at the same price that you are paying now. In fact you should be getting 2mbps till 25GB and thereafter 512kbps as they have forcefully reduced FUP from 100GB to 25GB after their backened drama. I was on the same plan, 1mbps till 100GB thereafter 512kbps, but they changed my plan to 2mbps till 25GB, in July. I called and mailed about it several times but they were not ready to put me back on the plan I was on. Therefore I opted for disconnection and retention department offered me Turbo 1999 and Turbo2099 plan at 20% discount.

i am happy with 1mbps speed till 100GB and then 512 kbps(unlimited). i am getting speed of 1mbps till 15 GB and then 512 kbps(unlimited) as before 20 june 2011.i am happy to pay 1099+100+100.

you can forget about their offers that were available in the past. none of them are officially available now. the only options you have to continue with what you have or switch to any of their newer plans. forget getting 100GB at 1mbps for 1100-1300 bucks. these plans are now history.

double speed offer was never applicable in Delhi anyhow..

what i have to give for 512kbps(unlimited) as less money as a can give.i am ok 8GB@599(512kbps unlimited).for delhi you can read newspapers of 20 june 2011.

how much money i have to give for 512kbps(unlimited or 100GB) for as less money as possible.for delhi you can read newspaper of 20 june 2011.

heh. the best plan they have is 1999 for 2mbps 150GB. or 2099 for 4mbps 150GB. i think you can get 75GB at 2mbps for around 1699 plus taxes. all other plans are pretty messed up. unless you talk to the retention team and get something that suits your need.

airtel = throttled torrents = throttled yutbe = messed up life = happy airtel = unhappy customers = disconnection

what i have to give for 512kbps(unlimited) as less money as a can give.i am ok 8GB@599(512kbps unlimited).
for delhi you can read newspapers of 20 june 2011.

Send them an email with request for disconnection. Their retention department will call you in 1 day. Then tell the retention guys that you are going for MTNL because it is cheaper. They will offer you 512kbps unlimited without FUP for Rs 599 plus service tax. Don't agree for that plan. Then they will immediately offer retention plan 512 kbps without FUP for Rs 449 per plus service tax. Total bill per month is Rs 495 including service tax. This is the plan that I have and it is good enough for me at home.

Bottomline is that give them dhamki of disconnection and they fall in line. 🙂

Man ! I pay around 800 including taxes for a stupid 512 kbps upto 10 GB, 256 beyond that. But when I surf/download through chrome I get full 512 kbps even after being FUPed. This is really quite strange, whereas if I use firefox stupid 256 again !