airtel speed jump: dec6, 11pm

Well, im getting OVER 256 kbps on my 128 kbps connection every night after around 11 pm.

Originally posted by kalpik@Dec 24 2005, 11:42 PM
Well, im getting OVER 256 kbps on my 128 kbps connection every night after around 11 pm.
[snapback]37079[/snapback]
[/quote]

Do you reset (or switch off/on) the modem during that time to get the new speed?

Thanks

Nope... I get the speed jusp suddenly, while im surfing. I usually get around 35 KBps download speed.

Originally posted by thaniks@Dec 25 2005, 08:52 AM
Do you reset (or switch off/on) the modem during that time to get the new speed?

Thanks
[snapback]37086[/snapback]
[/quote]
the same usb modem is capable of handing upto 512kbps.
since 5th Dec the minimum connection speed has been fixed
at 512kbps. you may get your actual speed (bandwidth)
as per your present scheme. Normally for 128 the optimum
speed could be 118kbps to 120kbps which gives you 13 to 14
KBs. that is good speed. 🙄

Shh.... 😀 😛

I am getting 32KBps on my 16 KBps since last 4 months .And now speed jumps to 45- 55KBps on nights since last one month.

Originally posted by sachin214@Dec 28 2005, 12:09 AM
I am getting 32KBps on my 16 KBps since last 4 months .And now speed jumps to 45- 55KBps on nights since last one month.
[snapback]37375[/snapback]
[/quote]

Grrr! I should be getting 90-100 KBps then...... :angry: 😀

Airtel is indulging in unfair trade practices by discriminating against its various subscribers. They need to provide what they promise in their plans. Not only do people with the same plans get different speeds, but it is sad and unfortunate to see that inspite of paying twice as much as some of the other subscribers in here, I receive half their speeds. I have nothing against them, for it not their fault that they get great speeds, everyone should....the isp needs to be fair thats all! If this was to happen in a country like USA, I am sure Airtel would have had to face legal damages. Absolutely pathetic the current broadband scene in our country. Shame on you Airtel! shame on the Govt! It is time we caught on with the rest of the world.

hehe, finally i see some complaints about airtel... poor BSNL was getting all the negative karma all this time 🙂

IF Airtel is bad, BSNL is worse my friend.....their plans speak for themselves. But honestly don't know about their speed part (BSNL)......i.e. whether or not they discriminate aganist their users!

atleast airtel is giving unlimited broadband. it is very difficult to find 100+ Kbps unlimited connections at an affordable price!

Yeah! Airtel Gives u an Unlimited Plan all for just 999 and we still keep complaining? Well brother, we need to look onto the other side of the river where ppl aren't even able to download at rates of 25-30kbps! Well I get my speeds constantly from day 1 that I installed Airtel and my Downloads in Torrents stays upto 30kbps strong and 25 to even 20kbps (weak) During peak hours! But now no probs! Well lets not complain about what we don't have/get and lets cherish what we have that others dont! Like most of the ppl here pay Rs.800 to Rs.1000 for just a 128kbps line and we get 256kbps at that pricing! 😛 Well I'm not trying to support anyone or criticize anyone! Mee too feeling jealous of those lucky guys who get gr8 speeds! So lets be happy with what we have!Regards,Amuthan

Well Airtel or any other ISP is not doing us a favour by providing speeds upto 256 kbps.... since we claim to be an IT superpower is this the best we can expect in the year 2005/2006?….of course we should all be criticizing the ISPs…. Airtel is doing no samaj seva, they are in here to make money plain and simple. I think everyone should criticise the current broadband policies in India and the ISP's, considering that other countries around the world (even in countries like Turkey, Poland, Russia etc) are now into the Gbps (not Mbps) phase. Hopefully our criticism will act as a wake up call and make them more efficient ... and hopefully toe in line with the rest of the world. And I am also on the 999 unlimited plan, I don’t get the speeds you get right from day one my friend!Why should I be thankful…. 999+ taxes is not a small amount in India for a 256 K connection, I pay for their services and I expect good results in return. Don’t be thankful to Airtel….Airtel is a multimillion dollar company with it’s Chief being one of the richest men in the world. It is exactly this “Chalta hai”, “Be Grateful” attitude that I hate. Look at the broadband figures in our country and it comes as no surprise that we are lagging way way behind. “TRAI said 60,000 people subscribed to broadband Internet during November (2005), raising the total number of such high-speed connections to 750,000 (in India), but still far short of the government's target of 3 million connections by December (2005)” ….now just calculate this in percentage terms vis a vis the total population…it’s absolutely pathetic my friends. No need to be GREATFUL...256 K should not be the exception, rather the bare minimum.