Airtel revises all older plans an upgrades all plans to 2 Mbps in Noida

• Thread starter Thread starter hno3
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 6,302

hno3

ISP
Airtel
Airtel has revised all plans less than 2 Mbps in Noida and upgraded them to 2 Mbps plans. I don't mind them making this change without my consent as long as they are not charging anything more. Sadly, they are. My Rs. 899 + taxes (512 kbps/10 GB - 256 kbps post 10GB UL) plan was upgraded to Rs. 949 + taxes (2 Mbps/10 GB - 256 kbps post 10 GB UL).So basically I am getting a boost from 512 kBps to 2 MBps for the initial 10 GBs for Rs.50/-This seems to be a good bargain for a user who only does browsing and no heavy downloading like movies, games etc. Even for a youtube addict who likes to watch 720p and above videos this is a good option. But not in my case. I hardly surf online at home (I do that in office ) I primarily need my internet connection to download builds game software of ~1GB whenever the development team in US pushes a new one. All I have to do is login to the secure server and start the download. So my point is that I consume the initial 10 GBs pretty soon and the speed really doesn't matter much to me but the GBs do. I was pretty much satisfied with the 256k connection and the initial 10Gb speed boost really didn't matter to me.So coming back to my original point. I called up Airtel and told them that I don't need this upgrade please revert me back to my old plan. The customer support executive said that they have discontinued all plans less than 2 Mbps and additional Rs. 50 per month really was worth it. I said I really don't need the speed. Please revert my plan back to just 256kBps and not even 512 for the first 10 GB but she did not budge. I said I am not willing to pay anything more than 899+tax and I need UL plan as long as it is broadband (256k) what options do I have? Her response was disconnection is the only option.Please suggest a reliable broadband (>=256kBps) UL fix charge plan (amounting to less than 1000 rupees per month including taxes) from any ISP in Noida.Note: My total usage is huge because my computer is on 24x7 and is constantly downloading @ minimum 256 kBps so please don't suggest a plan that charges the user post the FUP.If there are no such plans that fit my requirement then I might just have to go with this upgrade.-hno3

Tell them that since you have upgraded your plan without consent you want disconnection as you cant pay so much.They will transfer your call to retention and select 649 plan.512k for 10 gb with rs100 talktime and call rate 1p for aritel and 1.2p for others.Also from jan 2012 the min defination of broadband will be 512k so that plan will become 512k unlimited.

Send an email to Airtel asking them to disconnect your connection because of price hike. They will call you and offer you a 512kbps retention plan with some FUP for Rs 649. Tell them it is still too costly. Then they will offer you a Rs 449 plus service tax per month 512 kbps retention plan with some FUP and post-FUP 256 kbps UL. Take that plan if it is offered.I am currently using this retention plan in Delhi in my home and it is good value for money because I get a bill of Rs 495 per month inclusive of service tax. I believe threat of disconnection (read blackmail) works very well with Airtel.

My plan has also been revised to 799 (2 mbps 10 GB FUP, 150 Rs. Call value) from 749 (512 kbps 10 GB FUP, 150 Rs. Call value). I have raised a complaint on this via email to not change my plan (I always prefer email over call for customer service as there is some written record). Various emails are being exchanged since last 3 days, let's see what happens.

I believe threat of disconnection (read blackmail) works very well with Airtel.

And I believe some of the retention department personnel read such posts and are fully aware of the "blackmail" thingy. Not everyone can get lucky with such threats. The majority are now not even offered such plans. I have come across various subscribers of Airtel broadband who were told to opt for disconnection if they are not satisfied with the company's policies and services. That is it. No alternative plans.

It is basically something like Russian roulette. If the retention department guy is having a good day, he will offer such options. If he is having a bad day, he is more than pleased to kick such requests away.

Sad, but true.

And I believe some of the retention department personnel read such posts and are fully aware of the "blackmail" thingy. Not everyone can get lucky with such threats. The majority are now not even offered such plans. I have come across various subscribers of Airtel broadband who were told to opt for disconnection if they are not satisfied with the company's policies and services. That is it. No alternative plans.

It is basically something like Russian roulette. If the retention department guy is having a good day, he will offer such options. If he is having a bad day, he is more than pleased to kick such requests away.

Sad, but true.

The thing is that if the retention department approves your request for disconnection, then connection is not disconnected on the same day. Next day you can call and tell them that you want to continue with your connection for some more time and they will be more than pleased to let you continue with old plan.

The point to keep in mind is when you get a call from retention department, then you must not give any hint that you are looking for a better plan from Airtel. tell them that you are moving to MTNL/BSNL because it is cheaper.

There is no harm in attempting this technique for blackmail.

hell they called me two months after i disconnected a plan and made all residue payments. they told me that i can take back my disconnection request. i was like... wtf i thought the connection was dead for good. 😕

mhm. they have plans catering to all the sections of the market. having a 10GB plan does not make it a bad plan for everyone. it is a bad plan for me and you. it might be fine for a lot of folks. similar to how a 1 dollar hosting plan would suck for you and me. but is fine for a lot of people. it is not designed for us no matter what airtel claims in their tweets or ads or whatever. they have some plans that suits some of us. 75/150GB at 2/4mbps at prices ranging between 1500-2100. these are the plans which are bad 😀

Today I also received an email from Airtel informing about plan charges being raised from Rs 449 to Rs 499 per month. FUP will be 2 mbps till 10GB and after that 512 kbps.

So no more UL connection for Rs 449 plus tax for me.

As an esteemed airtel customer, we always offer you the most innovative products & tariff plans that give you the best value for your money.

We are in the process of phasing out plans with speed less than 2Mbps to offer customers enhanced and enriched data experience. Consequently, we have upgraded the speed of your broadband connection to 2 Mbps.

With effect from your next bill cycle, you will be migrated to Airtel - Combo New 499 (2Mbps/256Kbps) UL Plan which offers the lightening speed of 2Mbps at just Rs.499.Your plan details are as follows

Plan Name Airtel New 399
(2Mbps/256Kbps) Limited Plan 1
Monthly Plan Rental Rs.499
Speed 2Mbps
Free Calling Value (FCV)/Voice Bill Cap NA
Fair Usage policy Limit(FUP) 10 GB
Data Transfer charges post FUP - Rs./MB NA
Speed Post FUP/Billing Cap 256 Kbps
Voice Tariffs
Pulse Rate Local FL - A2A 60p/Min
Pulse Rate Local FL - Others 75p/Min
Pulse Rate Local Mobile - A2A 60p/Min
Pulse Rate Local Mobile - Others 75p/Min
Intra FL 0-50 Km A2A 60p/Min & A20 75p/Min
Intra Mob 0-50 Km A2A 60p/Min & A20 75p/Min
Intra Others A2A 60p/Min & A20 75p/Min
Pulse Rate STD Inter A2A 60p/Min & A20 75p/Min
STD A2A (FixedLine & Mobile) 60p/Min
* A2A - Calls from airtel to airtel
* A2O - Calls from airtel to others
* FL - Fixed Line

The new bill plan will be effective from your next bill date. You can choose any of our alternate plans. Details of the alternate plans available in market are attached herewith for your reference.

We once again thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you. We look forward for a long lasting association with airtel.

Warm Regards,
Customer care executive
bharti airtel limited

It seems like Airtel is looking to extort Rs 50 per month from all customers.

BTW, any update about Hayai? That was supposed to be our knight with shining armor. :disillusionment: