Airtel Reviews Please

• Thread starter Thread starter Ashley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,510
ISP
Bsnl
I'm interested in getting airtel broadband and it would be helpful if existing users answer some questions of mine
1. Are there downtimes . How quickly does it get resolved
2. How are the ping rates
3.How is the customer service
4. Do they have any hidden charges
5. Can i take only broadband or a fixed line with it.
6. Is the FUP policy maintained as it should or are they capping bandwidth before the FUP limit.

LOL

Ashley said:
I'm interested in getting airtel broadband and it would be helpful if existing users answer some questions of mine
1. Are there downtimes . How quickly does it get resolved
2. How are the ping rates
3.How is the customer service
4. Do they have any hidden charges
5. Can i take only broadband or a fixed line with it.
6. Is the FUP policy maintained as it should or are they capping bandwidth before the FUP limit.
1. Yes, there are downtimes. Resolution takes a couple of days (if you're lucky).
2. Horrible. Latency to Google India is 115 ms.
3. I used to think Reliance is worst, but airtel has snatched that crown from them. Customer care is pathetic.
4. Yes.
5. Depends on which tariff plan you opt for.
6. Their usage counter is not that accurate. They steal a few GBs from my monthly data limit.

It depends on your area. A Bangalore user would give a better idea.
But for me, Airtel has been very reliable in uptime, speed & low pings. A modem restart solves most of my issues, if I have any.
Oh yeah, they are also very reliable in stealing a couple of extra GBs from my data limit too.
FYI - I have a BSNL landline, which goes dead every month.
For me, Airtel is much better than BSNL.

1. Are there downtimes . How quickly does it get resolvedReliability should be above average. No one can predict downtimes. Customer support has become a nuisance so getting things done would take a lot of effort.2. How are the ping ratesPing rates... Not sure. They were quite awful for me. http://airtelhorrors.sushubh.net/3. How is the customer serviceAwful.4. Do they have any hidden chargesThey are known to add VAS like antiviruses etc. There have been instances where SmartBytes packages were applied to the connection without user approval.5. Can i take only broadband or a fixed line with it.Airtel DSL would require a landline. You do not need to get a handset or use it even.6. Is the FUP policy maintained as it should or are they capping bandwidth before the FUP limit.Consider 80% of the data limit as actual limit because they make using the last 20% quite painful. Read this for a detailed explanation (http://sushubh.net/4390-airtel-smartbytes-scam-customers)