Airtel removing discounts applied on the connections

• Thread starter Thread starter asdftest
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 8,182
Hi @cyberwiz

Surprised that you still get only 24 Mbps ,are you not using vifber of Airtel ? I am getting around 30+ Mbps though its a 40 Mbps plan but due to distance from DP its effectively less . Can I know what plan you using and ,the discount offered to you ? further If Airtel promised me in written for a life time offer should I take it up legally like going to consumer court ? because I was thinking to discontinue with airtel and they offered me a plan with life time offer and I continued with it ,so How can a company ditch its promise . In my conversation they say sir due to current financial situation we can't but this is not the way to deal with your long loyal customers ? isn't it ? they offered me a cheap plan of 499 + St for 8 Mbps plan and crazy thing is a local provider offering 50 mbps for same price .Now you saying that you still enjoying the discount so it means they were lying when they told me that it got stripped off on PAN india basis ? isn't it ? what you suggest ..

I am on some old 999 plan which with discount costs me 700 odd rupees with 150 gb data. Earlier it had some 1000 GB bonus data but that has been removed. My area is little bit far from the exchange so speed maxes out at 24 mbps even on v-fibre.

Can’t say about your situation but I don’t think they would have removed discounts on all India basis. Even if you sign up for lifetime discount there would be hidden conditions that u signed when you took the original connection which would enable them to squeeze out and remove the discount when they like.

Hi, the complimentary benefit of Rs 200 will expire on 08-Feb-20 for your Airtel Xstream Fiber ID ... Your current plan rental of Rs. 499 provides 105 GB at 4 Mbps. To choose another Best value plan, click...

i guess it's time to dump airtel. since ftth is still not available in my area... i am using this connection purely for landline. it's good to have a backup connection for emergencies but it's not like you can do much on a 4mbps connection these days. would see if bsnl is an option.

I am on some old 999 plan which with discount costs me 700 odd rupees with 150 gb data. Earlier it had some 1000 GB bonus data but that has been removed. My area is little bit far from the exchange so speed maxes out at 24 mbps even on v-fibre.

Can’t say about your situation but I don’t think they would have removed discounts on all India basis. Even if you sign up for lifetime discount there would be hidden conditions that u signed when you took the original connection which would enable them to squeeze out and remove the discount when they like.
Can you please share whom did you write & you got the same old discount continued?

^ wrote an email to customer care stating the situation and asking for disconnection. They called back and after a little bit of prodding and mentioning that original discount was for lifetime, they obliged.

Not to mention that discount has become redundant since as i have shifted to Airtel fibre @200 Mbps.

got a call back. my request for disconnection was accepted. of course i would have updated to a current plan if ftth was available in my area.

@cyberwiz Hi,

Are you still enjoying those discounts ? Actually I got this message that my discount will be stripped off by 10th of November 2019 even though they offered it for life time ,I messaged them and they called saying sir company has removed all such discount pan India basis , so its not possible for us to continue it further ,have you got any such message ? if not then have you checked your latest bill ?? is it same ? kindly let me know ,thank you !
@broadband2019
What happened with you post the above message from Airtel?

yeah. i am paying airtel (as backup connection plus landline) more money than i am paying excitel. excitel is 100mbps and unlimited. airtel is 40mbps and 150GB. it's insane how many people are basically stuck with airtel.

i guess it's time to dump airtel. since ftth is still not available in my area... i am using this connection purely for landline. it's good to have a backup connection for emergencies but it's not like you can do much on a 4mbps connection these days. would see if bsnl is an option.
Hi,

There is another fiber provider named techyon and their pricing is very promising ,100 mbps 200 gb in just 399 ? have you any idea about that ,people giving good reviews for their service !

check their plan and tell

Broadband Plans - Broadband Services - Tachyon Communications

i have 3 other options in my locality. the only reason to go for airtel is stability and landline. none of the other players have it. at any given time i know my airtel connection would be working (vdsl has been a bit unstable though compared to adsl because the link light disappear randomly for a few minutes here and there).

yeah. i am paying airtel (as backup connection plus landline) more money than i am paying excitel. excitel is 100mbps and unlimited. airtel is 40mbps and 150GB. it's insane how many people are basically stuck with airtel.
No tachyon is on fiber ,Actually I am searching someone who have experience with this tachyon so that I can be more assured for switching . consistency is also a concern for me to still relying on airtel 🙁 and its more annoying that they just dont care their subscriber .

my 300 rs discount is gone as well this month...funny thing is I had sent them a DM on twitter asking if the discount would be retained if I shifted to the 999 FTTH plan...didn't get a reply or callback but then this month's bill got generated today and I find I have charged the full rental.