Airtel rebrands Airtel TV app to Airtel XStream, XStream smart box and smart stick coming

Navjot Singh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Airtel
Airtel TV app is now Airtel XStream app.

Airtel has also signed a deal with TV18 and Turner India and with this addition, there is a total of 383 live channels in Airtel XStream’s Live TV.

The XStream Smart Box (HSW4026ATL) is an Android-based Smart Box powered by a Dual-Core Broadcom BCM72604 B SoC, Broadcom VideoCore V HW (V3D-510) GPU, comes with 2GB RAM with 8GB internal storage and is manufactured by ‘Technicolor’. It runs on Android 9.0. The XStream Smart Box can be used to broadcast DTH, IPTV and OTT content.

Airtel XStream Smart Stick, on the other hand, will be inserted in the TV’s HDMI port. It runs on Android and comes with in-built Chromecast, a remote with dedicated Google Assistant button. XStream Smart Stick is integrated into the revamped XStream app.

XStream Smart Stick comes with dedicated plans and users need to purchase them separately. However, Airtel customers on eligible Postpaid, Broadband, DTH plans will get free access. A single subscription will entitle a user to access content on 3 XStream Smart Sticks. The content will be provided by Eros Now, HOOQ, Hoichoi, ALTBalaji and Hungama through Airtel Xstream app and Zee5 subscription will be provided separately.

L3zzVPt.png

AdnchoJ.jpg

You can also watch Airtel TV via web from Airtel TV | Airtel TV Web | Watch Live TV Channels, TV Shows, Movies, Videos Online

tbh, the new box is likely to have the same shitty requirements. ui and performance might be better though.

Free? Not sure. Airtel ne paise bhi kamane hai. 😛 Like they don't allow you to stream Airtel TV app on their Airtel Internet Box.

if I have dth subscription can I watch same channels on smart stick with their app without additional subscription ?

1st Tv will have live dth channels for 2nd tv smart tv with live tv app and other ott ?

Airtel Xstream Box available at discounted price to existing Digital TV users

As part of this offer, Airtel’s existing subscribers won’t have to pay full amount to get access to the new service. Airtel Xstream box is available at a discounted price of Rs 2,249 to all existing customers. The price is inclusive of the upgrade cost set at Rs 1,999 and additional Rs 250 in the form of engineer visitation charges.

Airtel will upgrade their existing SD or HD set-top box to the Airtel Xstream box.[

It runs Android Pie and offers access to apps via the Play Store. The device comes with 2GB RAM, 8GB eMMC storage and supports external storage up to 128GB via microSD card slot. It has connectivity options such as ethernet, dual-band WiFi, dual satellite tuner and DVR capable of local recording. It also supports apps such as Xstream, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Zee5, ALTBalaji, YouTuber and others for streaming content.

The Xstream Box also comes with built-in Chromecast and Bluetooth and can be used to control smart home devices. It also supports features like resuming your partially watched content across all the platforms./QUOTE]

I guess the Digital Setup box has been conveniently forgotten.

Don't know about the product but Airtel Digital TV service is pathetic. I followed up to multiple people, even complaint to Airtel Apelet authority to get my Airtel Digital TV upgraded to Airtel Extreme box. After waiting for 6 weeks (your read it right!) I finally cancelled the DTH connection itself.
Their customer service sucks! and now they are also taking time refunding my money in DTH account.