Airtel provided incomplete details for a Blackberry plan resulting in a disaster

• Thread starter Thread starter emptymt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 6,199
If the nodal officer is located in the same city/town as you are, I would suggest you visit that Airtel office & meet face to face. Ask for a specific timeline for resolution of the issue. The issue can be resolved only at the nodal officer level or above. Everyone below that operates off a script. Talk to them about anything that is not in the script and they won't do anything about it.

Well I was given a cell phone number for a nodal officer. When I called the number it went to a IVR and was answered by a nodal officer. The next time i called it was another guy who answered who was also a nodal officer. So its basically another call center setup. Unlikely I will ever get their physical address and if anyone is entertained there in person.

Wait.. so for 299 rupees, you get access to the blackberry services and for 499 rupees in addition to that, you get 500kB of internet usage. is that what airtel is saying?
Yup, they have successfully breached level 99 of milking poor unsuspecting loyal customers.

@xred. Well as of now every fellow I speak to seems to agree in some sort of way Airtel is at fault. However nothing is being done about it. After a 2 hour call back promise they are now singing the resolution in 72 hours tune. Am waiting for a definite answer. If a NO on their part to waive, that is when I shall look for more stringent remedies.

can someone tell me a better title for this thread?

can someone tell me a better title for this thread?

Well, it was actually a rant while slightly baked and unfortunately can't edit now.

Anyways please update to whatever is appropriate.

Well, it was actually a rant while slightly baked and unfortunately can't edit now.

Anyways please update to whatever is appropriate.
Did you like just recieve the bill when you were browsing IBF..?? 🙂
Anyways..keep nagging those CC people...thats the only solution i can think off...i had a similar experience like this with BSNL...
Because 10p/10kb...figures really don add up....

Did you like just recieve the bill when you were browsing IBF..?? 🙂
Anyways..keep nagging those CC people...thats the only solution i can think off...i had a similar experience like this with BSNL...
Because 10p/10kb...figures really don add up....

Lol . . nope. Received the bill about a week before i posted.

The numbers just don't make sense at 10p/10kb. But mehrotra.akash has explained the numbers above. Now even if we make sense of the numbers the billing is just ridiculous. Also based on a absolute con.