Airtel Prepaid Tariff will be hiked from 26 November, 2021

Is it me or every Airtel user here gets poor upload speeds? My ups range from 200kb to 1000kb to 1500kb max with CA. Without CA it does go to 3-4 Mbps.

So I have 250+ days left. I can do a 1498 & make it last to aug-2023 ?

How long before my Rs 749 postpaid is also hiked 🤔
Already that plan is replaced by Rs 999 plan, but old users like me are still continued on it.
As a policy, Airtel has never themselves changed plans for existing postpaid users. They change only when the user wants.

Vi has also announced price hike in similar lines. Jio will follow, but after some time, after pulling Airtel/Vi to port in.
Right now Jio 1.5GB/84 days plan costs 444 after adjusting 111 (20% jiomart) cashback. For jio users, best to queue up 8-10 plans, doing one recharge per day to ensure full cashback. You will be price protected for next 2 years.

@pachabhut how can doing recharge per day helps in getting discount ?
I tried recharging jio number with 20% cashback offer but transaction failed. Now its showing 0 balance for 20% cashback offer.
Any way I can avail the discount ?

Last edited:
@AAK there is a limit of 200 per day for earning cashback. 555 pack will earn cashback of 111. if more than 1 recharge is made same day, then 200 limit will be breached and full cashback will not be earned. this can be used for doing the net recharge of 555, which will again earn cashback of 111. For failed tn, I think amt will be reversed after few hrs.

Reactions: AAK
Looks like an additional statement is present in daily data plans - that pack starts after current ones' expiry. No such thing in the 1498 pack. So i am out.

So I have 250+ days left. I can do a 1498 & make it last to aug-2023 ?
I've done something like that for three numbers so far. All had yearly plan (1498) and different validity. one number had 174 days left, other two had 40+ days and all having 365 days extended after recharging with 1498 plan, highest being 538 days.

Thanks for the info. I am now a little sceptical , now that the wordings are different in the 1498 one as compared to others. And I feel they may have changed it more recently after your recharges - unless you tell me you did it post this price increase announcement.

Also with 5g coming in next year. And me having to go back to office again. I am now in the mindset to hold back.

I see online that people have pointed out that 1498 plan had the wordings that the pack will start after of current pack's validity and now it has been silently removed (also the case in the 379 and other non per day packs). The per day packs have that wordings still And in fact one person says validity began right away instead of getting added - So yeah - not recharging for a year now.