Airtel Prepaid - Should I recharge or not ?

• Thread starter Thread starter genie
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,352

genie

woot !
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel
I got a message today from Airtel saying outgoing service will stop for my Airtel Prepaid on 27th Dec and in case of no recharge Rs 23 will be deducted from main balance for 28 day validity.

The account balance for the prepaid number is Rs. 91.43 with 1.1 GB data balance.

I am confused if I should recharge now or let them deduct Rs 23 and then I recharge whenever I want. Except for getting otps I rarely use this number.

And what will happen to the 1.1.GB data ? will it continue after they deduct Rs 23 or they will wipe it out hoping I will buy more data ?

TIA 🙂

if this is the number connected to your bank accounts (otp?) etc... you really don't have any choice right?

Yep no choice. But should I leave it to them to deduct Rs 23 ? any risks with that option ?

It's not that I am worried about losing some money...I do that anyways by other ways almost everyday 😀

Since it's a first time experience, I am just wondering about what the procedure will be.

yes. at most places. but a lot of financial apps do not allow changing number of account i believe. payment wallets etc. plus it is not necessarily easy with others like your aadhaar card. dumping an active number that you have been using for a variety of essential services is still quite complicated.

as for recharges. from my understanding, they would keep cutting the small amount every 28 days and that should keep the number active. as long as there is prepaid balance in the account.

I think if number is different almost all apps will register as new account.

Bank registered number also has to be changed which usually requires a personal visit to home branch with written and signed request.

yup. which means you gotta do kyc again. and not sure if kyc is doable with an existing account with another number.

plus some services like payu also permanently connect your email id with that account. so you now have to use a second email id. which means you now have to remember which account to use on which service and so on. super annoying.

Despite the many sms alerts, Airtel did exactly what I suspected they would. DID NOT RECHARGE AND WIPED OUT THE BALANCE DATA