Airtel Prepaid Nuisance: 3 days left, yet Airtel is running an audio warning message on every outgoing call

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 8,628

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel

Source

This is on a connection which is renewed with the ~450 plan with 84 days validity.
The account also has 75 bucks prepaid balance (not sure what happens to it with these new stupid policies implemented).
And of course... If I do a recharge today, I lose 3 days in my previous recharge as Airtel does not support queuing of recharges.
Nice way to annoy the customer who actually is paying 150+ rupees per month with little usage.

Last edited:
These bastards used to play bill payment reminders on my number *after* the counter started. The bell at the receivers end (or the busy/ switched off msg) started ringing after the announcement with the call counter already at 30-35 secs. This was confirmed from the itemised bill as well wherein I was billed for listening to a fucking reminder.

This was supposed to be a pre-call announcement. Guess everyone else was fine with it. I raised hell and finally after a month or so they updated their systems.

My secondary connection is already BSNL. But, the primary connection is Airtel. I'd switch to Jio if this continues.

Ended up recharging mom's phone today. It was getting too annoying. Most of the time calls would not go through after the message. Dad's phone is on same plan and would probably start getting these annoying messages from tomorrow as his recharge date is four days from now.

So basically airtel is forcing me to lose 3 days on each connection just to kill these precall messages. Rip.

Is it possible to do the 35 recharge from the main phone balance? If so are there any USSD codes to do this?

I would hate going down to a retailer each time to do a validity recharge, and I have 5 nos on airtel/voda across different circles.

*121*51#

you would get talktime in dedicated account if you do smart recharge using main balance. you can also do certain unlimited recharges

Ended up recharging mom's phone today. It was getting too annoying. Most of the time calls would not go through after the message. Dad's phone is on same plan and would probably start getting these annoying messages from tomorrow as his recharge date is four days from now.

So basically airtel is forcing me to lose 3 days on each connection just to kill these precall messages. Rip.

I recharged my Airtel number 3 days before the due date, since the message was getting annoying, but surprisingly I didn't lose out on the validity. Maybe they've started queuing plans?

Just checked mom's account on my airtel app. Shows 83 days so didn't seem to queue here. Should I check with ussd? What's the ussd code to check?

I did ask local airtel store guys and they checked and confirmed no queueing 😛

Is it possible to do the 35 recharge from the main phone balance? If so are there any USSD codes to do this?

Yes, it is possible now.

VSQBInb.png

Can i do 84 day recharge using balance now? I still have around 500 stuck in airtel account for a long time 🙄

Though I guess I would miss out on the 50 discount through my airtel app.