Airtel Prepaid minimum monthly recharge is now for Rs. 155 for 24 days

• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 10,056
Hike seems to be applied in all circles.

Seems like its applicable in Delhi NCR as well now, i recharged ₹ 99 last month. These telecom companies are increasing rates like nothing, i wish government has some sort of check on them.

Last edited:
I was using 99 Rs to keep a number active. Unlimited calls on that numbers seems not at all a requirement. Airtel has lost it's credibility in service. They are becoming just another money hunger telecom operator.

Wish they bring back non-unlimited/standalone talktime recharges.

When there's duopoly or triopoly, what more can you expect?
If you have BSNL or MTNL in your area you can port to them. Their plans are far more affordable, even providing for a yearly recharge.
I do a yearly recharge of ₹249/- for my standalone number.

Reactions: SVK
Changed as well to 155 in Rajasthan.
155 is useless. 179 for 28 days is only the option now.

See guys this is the the future of duopoly.
Only Vi has 79₹ 28 days plan now along with talktime plans & other cheap offerings.

If Vi exits the Indian market...
Get ready for digital destruction.
Low income or daily wage people won't be able to use internet & once again we'll go back to 2015 days.

The only difference there would be that there were 15 Telcos back then. Now there will only be 3 or 4.

Every single private sector mobile company has hiked their charges. in fact their leadership had made it clear..they are now out to make money and accumulate funds for shareholder returns expansion, upgrades. We better get used to it unless you want companies to shut shop and we will all suffer at the hands of duopolists.

Compared to what people in other countries pay, Indian telecom charges are a dream. If you want cheap recharges go to BSNL and suffer the poor quality service. My father in law, a decades long customer of BSNL, finally shifted to Airtel. It was impossible to dial his number as I think BSNL is shutting down towers/transceivers to save money.

I use all 3 pvt. sector operators and Jio is still the cheapest even if marginally. Vi the most expensive.

I have already ported a number to BSNL. I didn't want to port this one to any other operators. But, now, i will have to think over. We need an era back where there were multiple mobile operators in the country. I don't use data on some of the numbers, and having an unlimited data plan seems irritating to use.

Jio spoiled the entire telecom market in the country.

@Tejas01 @itzmynet

I don't have that option here. The minimum recharge available is 104 for 40 days. Where can i find per year plans? Especially the 249/- one.