Airtel Prepaid minimum monthly recharge is now for Rs. 155 for 24 days

• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 10,131
The ₹249/- STV was for MTNL. For BSNL, you will have to check which plan offers the validity for 365 days.
Or Do a ₹797 top-up as suggested by @itzmynet

Thanks. I shall have a check on that. Have kept the airtel number inactive so that i need no recharge for a while. Will think porting to any other operator in few days.

@Tejas01 I hope the BSNL doesn't start doing what other mobile operators are doing.

@igloo I am no more at Mumbai. But my Dad still uses MTNL so it should be available.

There were reports that BSNL was going to take over operations of MTNL whilst MTNL will exist on paper. Never followed up with it 🤷

Fun Fact: 155 Rupees plan comes with 24 days validity instead of usual of 28 days.

I think this is a new update. I believed it was 28 days before. Correct me if i am wrong.

It's now 24 days. And, other higher priced packs are now to 28 days, and so on. I don't know why the TRAI doesn't have any control on these.

Beautiful. Just had to pay Rs. 155 for a prepaid connection I don’t even use.

So in KA, Airtel website shows Rs 155 recharge with 24 days validity. For someone, who needs to keep the number active and occasional use, is the Rs 1799 365 day plan the only reasonable option? ie Rs 150 per month ~ 30 days.

Is there any other plan that I missed that can be done on a monhly basis?

Yes, Rs 1799 is best low cost plan. No hassle to recharge after every 24-28 days.