Airtel Prepaid might be queueing new recharges like Jio for some customers

Crazyguy030601

Castiel, mea salvator
ISP
Airtel
Ended up recharging mom's phone today. It was getting too annoying. Most of the time calls would not go through after the message. Dad's phone is on same plan and would probably start getting these annoying messages from tomorrow as his recharge date is four days from now.

So basically airtel is forcing me to lose 3 days on each connection just to kill these precall messages. Rip.

I recharged my Airtel number 3 days before the due date, since the message was getting annoying, but surprisingly I didn't lose out on the validity. Maybe they've started queuing plans?

This is the message I received. Btw, I recharged on 28th November.

Source

since my airtel app does not show queued plan. would check with ussd code!

they did send this message though.

Dear Customer, as a service gesture, validity of your Airtel Mobile has been extended by 10 days.

fc7pncx.png

what would i do with this stupid validity lol.

the recharge was done on 21st.

PqWFJDs.png

is this now official? airtel mobile app changelog does seem to indicate it. i have not heard anything official from company.

They're queuing recharges now. But, you can queue only one recharge. I have the Rs. 558 plan active right now, I recharged with 558 again and it went to the queue. Now, subsequent recharges of Rs. 558 fail.

I wish they'd let us queue and activate multiple plans like Jio allows us to do. I want 6GB/day but there's no way of doing that unless I use data top ups.

when i recharged with same pack one week before expiry of existing pack they have extended the validity of existing pack by adding validity of the new pack instead of queuing the recharge

so basically it's safe to do a recharge with a week remaining in my current plan right 😀

Shows both 8 days left and 90 days left.

90 days is your outgoing validity. 8 days is current unlimited pack validity. they have queued your recharge, after 8 days next pack will get activated automatically. you can check upcoming packs using *121*2#