• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 5,415

mreccentric

Addict
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel / ACT / BSNL
I'm a user of Airtel Postpaid from past 5 years. Now, i have realized that their plans are way too costly compared to the prepaid. They start at 399 Rs/Month, below which there is no other plan. Just thinking over to convert the number to prepaid, so that i can save some bucks.

BTW, what are the retention plans available for Airtel Postpaid Mobiles?

Reactions: SVK
Just get the 1500 yearly plan on Airtel prepaid. Assuming data limits are enough (24GB per year iirc). Otherwise the 2500 plan (2GB per day iirc).

@Sushubh True. Will have to convert the number to prepaid, but my rollover data goes unutilized. I was just using for the reason that it was rolling unused data. But, nevertheless, these telecom companies are looting us.

Airtel postpaid Huh? Unless you are getting reimbursed I don't its a good idea.

Depending on your usgae pattern, prepaid is better.

I recently moved to Airtel from Jio. Can't say its better. Its more or less the same.

Store guy tried max to tempt me atlast said Jio is not releasing port out requests, when you take postpaid we we will fight for you and bring you in. In Supreme court I asked? 😁 He was quiet now. Finally prepaid.

I found the ₹1499/24GB/365 days (₹125/month), easy on pocket cuz my monthly usage is barely 1.5GB.

Also, if you want postpaid like data allotment another prepaid RC is 456/50GB/60 Days (₹228/month)

It is expensive but I'll continue to use it since I use the data only sim card in my lte failover setup and can't have per day data caps.

Vi has decent postpaid data plans but they don't have CA here. Jio has plans similar to airtel before airtel increased prices of their postpaid plans but they ask customers to go to a store for little things and I don't have any stores here so I can't switch to it.

BTW, does Prime subscription get deactivated with change of plan or unsubscription on the thanks app?

I think airtel is silently hiking postpaid plans again!?
I can't change on the site and in the app it only shows these plans.

On the site it shows the old plans.

image.png

image.png

There are still older plans available in the app. Don't know why it is not visible to you.
But, well, all plans from Airtel are no way pocket friendly for a postpaid customer.

I'm still stuck with the airtel postpaid. I see no reason to have a postpaid for myself when i have unlimited internet at home.

So i just received the following sms from Airtel
"Hi, effective 17-Jul-22, your current Airtel Mobile plan will get revised to Family Infinity 1199 Plan. The new rental will be Rs.1199 and you will enjoy unlimited calls, 240 GB data with roll-over, 3 free family add-on & 100 SMS per day. Also, enjoy Amazon Prime for 6 Months, Disney+ Hotstar, Netflix Basic & much more, T&C*. For more information, visit Infinity Plan ₹1199"
I am currently on 999 family plan with 3 addons and 1 data add on which i never activated.